Chapter Thirteen: Enchanting

~•~Laurance's pov~•~

My heavy eyelids slowly opened up to see that I'm in a pretty nice looking room. I couldn't remember what really happened but when I sat up, my head started throbbing, some sort of pain making itself present.

I start rubbing the spot and the memories come flooding back, I was talking to Ophelia.. then everything went black. She said she had heard something.. I must've gotten knocked out..

By who..?

I have no idea..

I slowly got up and looked around.

There were clean clothes at the edge of my bed, I didn't waste any time slipping them on, getting out of those rags.

I struggled with the pants because of course- I still have the cat ears and tail. I roll my eyes in annoyance and finish getting ready.

Once I had grabbed my stuff, I carefully made my way downstairs. I come down to see Nicole sitting there.

"Oh! You're up! I just wanted to say how sorry I am for knocking you out!"

I shake my head, "It's no problem at all, I'm fine." I pause, "Where's everyone else?"

Nicole looks around, "Well, Katelyn and Aphmau are in the library. I- have no idea where Ophelia is.. maybe in her room..?"

Nodding, I walk up, checking all the rooms in the place. I end end just going into town, walking around looking for Ophelia. I find a couple around their 30s walking around with a little girl, probably their daughter.

"Excuse me, have you seen a girl about my age, H/L, H/C hair? F/C ears and a tail that same color?" The couple shook their head, continuing what they were doing, giving my ears weird looks.

I was going to walk away when I felt a gentle but startling tug on my tail. Wincing quietly, I turned around to see the couples daughter. "Are you talking about the pretty cat lady?"

Well.. she is pretty..

I kneel down, smiling gently, "Yep, have you seen her?"

The girl nods happily and points towards the forest.

The forest..?

Standing back up, I thank the little girl and go into the forest. I traveled quietly, only stopping when I hear the occasional whoosh then crack of what I'm guessing is an arrow hitting a tree.

Once I find her, I feel relief, the nervousness comes back. The last time I tried to talk with her about something serious, she walked away. Avoiding it.

I stare at her, she's concentrated, and it looks like she's been her for a little while.

"Hey Little Lady." I say after hesitating to say anything. But it startles her a lot more than I thought cause she yelps and turns toward me.

Her bow still drawn.

I put my hands up, claiming innocence since I didn't really do anything, this causes her to relax her arms and putting her arrow away. She sighs, holding her bow in front of her with both of her hands.

From the way she shifted her feet every so often and didn't make eye contact, I figured she was probably nervous. Maybe because I was here.

"Did you need something?"

I step closer, wanting to comfort the girl, but that probably would've made her uncomfortable..

We were probably a foot away from each other when I replied with, "Do you always practice alone?"