Chapter Four : Arranged

Y/N’s eyes opened slowly, she was unaware of her surroundings and her head hurt.

She gets up slowly, holding her head and rubbing it slightly. She winced and moved her hand away since it only made it hurt more. “Where am I?” She was in a small room with an iron door, some presents in the corner and a puppy plushie on the nightstand next to the bed.

She was still looking around when some lady came into the room. “My, my. Look at you! It's been forever since I’ve seen a meif’wa in person.” When she came closer to the bed, Y/N put her hand out, stopping her.

“Please don’t come any closer. I have no idea who you are and-“

“Oh honey, I’m not going to hurt you. I bet you’ve been through some horrible things. Come here, let’s talk.”

“I was kidnapped and you really think I want to talk to you? I have no idea where I am and I have no idea who you are. You could be the one who kidnapped me for all I know!” Y/N huffs and scoots back on the bed.

“My name is Queen Ylva of the Southern Eastern Wolf Tribe. You are the meif’wa the scouts brought back that is going to marry my son. “Wait, no no no. I don’t remember ever agreeing to marry anyone. Is this some sort of cruel joke? I will not go through with this- this arranged marriage I knew nothing about!”

I couldn’t be forced once.

Ylva’s features softened as she looked at Y/N. “Sweetheart, I know… I too was forced to marry my husband when I was your age.”

“That’s- horrible, b-but why are you doing this to me? If you know what it feels like..?”

“If I could let you go, I would. This tribe has been around for the past 100 years and we are already set in our ways.”

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and got up, “So you’ve been forcing people to marry for 100 years? Look Miss, even though I may look the part, I am not a meif’wa. I think this was just some sort of potion or maybe a curse placed on me and my friends. We’re not meif’wa though.”

She goes to grab Y/N hands, possibly as a way to comfort her but the girl pulls away. “The preparations are already finished and you definitely look like a meif’wa. Come, let’s get you dressed to meet the king and my son, the Prince.”

“Wait, no please I’m not a meif’wa, I’m human. Please, I don’t want to do this.” Desperation could be seen in her eyes but the older woman wasn’t going to listen to her pleas. She started tearing up.

Ylva grabbed one of her hands and wiped away a tear that fell, “Dry your tears my Princess, you’ll learn to love your new Prince. Now, come with me.” Y/N slips her hand out of Ylva’s and walks out, Ylva close behind.

Y/N slouches down in the warm water of the tub she was in. This was weird, she was taking a bath with Ylva right there. She wasn’t looking or anything but this made Y/N genuinely uncomfortable.

This wasn’t the first time she had been in an arranged marriage, but she was hoping that would be the first and last time that would ever happen. She looks up at Ylva who was grabbing a towel for her.

“Here’s a towel sweetie. Once you’re ready, come over to the vanity so I can fix your hair.” She quietly nods and wraps the towel around herself once she steps out of the tub.

I hope they’re okay..

After sitting down in front of the vanity, she asks once more the questions that she had been asking multiple times. “Are you sure there’s nothing I can do to get out of this?”