Chapter 12: The New Student

Kirino's POV:

As I got to class in the next morning I saw Shindou sitting on his desk as usual reading his chemistry book. I didn't want to ask him anything, because I didn't want to embarrass him for I thought that he didn't want me to know. 

"Good morning everyone! Please sit down, we have a new student today!" Said the teacher 

I knew that new student, it was her, that girl. Shindou Yurika, Shindou's cousin. But some how, she looked different than yesterday. 

"Good morning, my name is Uchida Yurika. It's very nice to meet you" She said with an innocent smile, then looked at me with an evil one.

I was so confused that she didn't say her real name. Maybe she knows that everyone in our class hate Shindou, and didn't want them to know that she is his relative, so they won't hate her too. What made that girl not say her real name? And why did she smile innocently in front of the class but evilly for me? 

"Umm... Yurika, please sit down beside Kirino over there" Kobayashi Sensei said pointing at me

"Yes Sensei!" She said happily and innocently 

"Hi Kirino-Kun, it very nice to meet you, I hope that we can be friends!" She quietly with an evil smile on her face as she sat beside me. 

I only glared at her without answering , but then she looked at Shindou evilly but Shindou ignored her, which made me feel more confused. Shindou didn't look scared from her anymore, he just turned and kept reading his favourite book. 

"Now everyone I am going to explain a new project" Said Kobayashi Sensei.

15 MINUTES LATER

"Now everyone please choose a partner" Said Kobayashi Sensei after she explained our project. 

"Kirino-Kun! Will you become my partner please?" Said Yurika innocently. 

"Umm... I-" I said as Kobayashi Sensei cut me off saying "Yes please Kirino-Kun, can you be Yurika's partner, because she is new and you're the best one in class to get her caught up."

"Umm... Sure" I said with no interest in actually doing that because I wanted to be Shindou's partner. 

Everyone picked partners quickly, but Shindou didn't have a partner, because no one wanted to be his partner. Everyone started giggling at Shindou for not having a partner, but he never cared and ignored them, and started reading his Chemistry book again.

"Oh Shindou-Kun, you don't have a partner? Are you ok to work by yourself?" Kobayashi Sensei asked Shindou pretending to be nice and worried that he has to work alone.

Shindou looked up from his book to Kobayashi Sensei and just nodded which annoyed her that he rarely speaks. Some of my classmates think that he is mute, but it's just that he prefers to stay quiet the whole time. 

I really loved Shindou's personality. He never cared about how people made fun of him, and laughed at him.  Although Shindou knew that he was way smarter than the other students in our class, he never made fun of them or bulled them. He was always quiet an calm, and kept reading his Chemistry book whenever we do something  that is very easy to him. 

The only time I saw struggling with something was in Japanese class were we learn how to write kanji correctly and the rules of the Japanese language. He looks like he doesn't know much about Japanese which doesn't surprise me, because he is not from Japan after all. But that makes everyone in our class make fun of him because he his Japanese handwriting is not that good. They keep making fun of him forgetting that he is better than them in literally everything, and  his English hand writing is like art since he writes cursive. 

Another thing is that he is not very good at reading Japanese either. Even though the teacher knows that she asks him to read a whole long paragraph every time we have to read something, which makes the students laugh at him  forgetting that they suck at reading English, while he reads very good English and very quickly. 

What bothers me the most is that the teacher never cared or stopped the students from making fun of him. In fact, she sometimes asks him to read, or write something in Kanji on the bored so she can make fun of him, with the students. But he never cared..... 

I was worried about Shindou, because our project was to research about an important event in Japan's history and he didn't have a partner.

1 WEEK LATER:

"As you know, your project is due today and you should be handing it to me now." Said Ms. Kobayashi as each two partners were handing her their projects, but I was able to tell that she and the students were waiting very patiently for Shindou to hand his, because they were giggling at looking at him. Although he noticed, yet he still didn't care... 

"Oh Shindou-Kun, I thought that you needed more time on your project, I expected that you would not be able to finish it on time since you're doing it by yourself and you're not very good at Japanese." Said Kobayashi Sensei smirking. 

Shindou looked at her seriously, then looked down at his poster that was still folded.

"Umm.... I finished it in the same day that you assigned it" Shindou said which made everyone stare at his unbelievably

"Oh cool, let me take a look at it then" Kobayashi Sensei said annoyed thinking that Shindou was making fun of her

As she opened the folded poster I could see obvious signs of shock on her face, and she looked like she was looking at something impossible 

"Can we see it?" Yurika said with a smirk on her face.

"S-Sure" Kobayashi Sensei said as she turned the poster towards the class.

"Wh-What on earth? How did he do all that in one day" Yurika said shocked like everyone as Shindou went back to his seat quietly. 

Shindou's poster was amazing. I don't know what kind of technology he used to make it but it looked very cool and amazing and as Kobayashi Sensei read it to us everything that was on the poster was right which made Yurika die of anger and made me die of happiness.