Chapter 2: The Best Birthday Present {Kirino}

Still Kirino's POV:

This is a nice morning, I hear the birds sing from the window as Sakura wakes me up "Wake up your highness" says Sakura "The king and the queen said that they have an important thing to discuss with you, you have to eat your breakfast and get ready to meet the..." then she stops " I realized that I forgot to say... Happy Birthday to the prettiest princess in the world" She said smiling, holding a little box. I looked at her asking " What is this?" she looked at me and said, "This is a simple birthday gift from me, it is necklace, I made it myself special for you, your highness". I felt so happy that I got a birthday present even before I even woke up. I get off my bed and I give Sakura a big hug and say "Thank you so much Sakura, I don't know what to say, I did not imagine that I will get a present right after I wake up, I love the necklace, it looks so pretty. I am going to wear it every day!" I say happily, " Y-your highness you are going to be late you have to eat your breakfast and get ready. Your parents are waiting for you downstairs." She said blushing "Ok, Ok I will!"

After eating breakfast, I headed downstairs to meet my parents in their room. " Good morning sweetie" Said mother with a wide smile on her face "Happy birthday" said mother and father together. I sat down beside them, and Sakura got us some tea and cookies. " Since it is your 13th birthday, me and your mother decided something." Said father " What is it?" " W e decided that we will let you go to school, but if you go you pretend that you are a guy, so no one will ever think that you are he princess who will take over the throne of Japan" He said. I was so surprised that did not know what to say, but then I pull myself together and say "Really?! I am I finally going to be able to go outside of the castle and go to school?!" "Yes sweetie, but you will have two guards to take to and from school, in case something happened," said mother. I give my parents a huge hug not knowing how to thank them and then I ask excitedly " When am I going to start going to school?" "On Monday," said father.

"OH MY! We forgot to give you your birthday present!" my mother said changing the subject. She went outside of the room, then came back after few minutes with servants who were holding a huge pink box. My parents stood in front of the box, then my mother said " Ranmaru, in your 13th birthday we decided to give you a special present." Then she pulls me slightly towards the box and asked me to open it. I was so excited to open it because my parents always get my pretty presents. I opened the box wondering what it is inside. When I opened it, I saw all kinds of things that I have always wanted, pretty dresses, jewelry, a new phone, a new laptop, a new iPad, colourful nail polish kit, pretty dolls, a big white teddy bear, and a pink soccer ball. Also, there was a big kit that looked interesting to me. It was a pink kit that had musical notes drawn on them. When I opened it, I couldn't believe what I saw. There were a lot of musical sheets, songs, and an mp3 player full of my favourite songs. All those were written and composed by my favourite musician... Shindou Arthur Takuto.

I looked at my parents and my eyes are full of tears. I gave then another huge hug saying "Thank you so much. Thank you. This is the best birthday present ever" my mom looked at me saying "Go to your room and have fun checking your presents. We have an important work. I asked the maids and servants to prepare for a big birthday party, we will have it this evening." "I will" I said giving them one more hug.

I went to my room to take a closer look on my presents, and I kept staring at the songs that were written and composed by Shindou Arthur Takuto, wondering how he looks like. It is weird but we only hear his name and listen to his songs, but there is no picture of him even in the media. No one knows how that " Genius Musician" looks like other than his family and himself. No one knows anything about his other than that he is genius, loves music, science, and soccer, and good at all of them, and that he is British-Japanese-Italian, and 13 years old. It is like he is almost a fictional person that was made up by someone who wanted to trick the whole world, because some people say that he memorizes EVERY SINGLE PAGE OF EVERY SINGLE BOOK HE READS. Although I hear all that, I still believe that he is a nice person we I listen to the songs he writes and composes, and it is always my dream to meet him.

After few hours, my parent came back, and we had a big birthday party. "Oh Ranmaru, you wore your new dress, it looks perfect on you" mother said happily " Thank you mother" I said blushing. My 13th birthday felt like the happiest day of my life. I got lots of pretty presents from people I know and from people I don't know. I hope that this keeps happening every year, so I can enjoy my birthday with my parents like I always do.