Young Monty bonus chapter - Possessive

everyone knows Monty is possessive over Doc, everyone. what no one seems to understand is, he's the same way with Red and Mack. he even gets possessive over Red when Mack tries talking to him sometimes. he doesn't want to lose anyone, refuses to risk losing anyone, especially the three men he cared for most. the boy is only six, but he's smart and has each of them wrapped around his little fingers, to ensure they can't leave him.

today is no different. he's cute and he knows it, especially running around in the little bear onesie, complete with bear ears on his hood and a little tail on his backside, Red got him. its getting cool enough outside that its not too hot to run around it the little furry suit. the little sleeves had thumb holes and paw pad on the part covering his little hands. his fingers are still free and uncovered so he can grab things without dropping them and his feet are uncovered, like always the boy never wears his shoes.

"hey little bear, what are you doing?" Flo chuckles as Monty runs into the diner. he squeals at her and climbs up onto his stool to sit at the bar in front of her. he giggles and swings his feet happily. "you're so cute. here let me get you a cookie." Flo smiles. Monty giggles and nods at her. she brings him his cookie and he grins, jumping down from his stool. he runs off outside with his cookie happily, his eyes landing on Mack. he narrows his eyes who the hell is that lady talking to his dad? he runs over full speed, barreling into Macks legs squealing. Mack stumbles a little and looks down.

"da-daddy!" Monty grins up at him.

"hey Monty." Mack chuckles, scooping him up. the woman laughs a little. "sorry Austin." Mack apologizes.

"no its nice to finally meet the boy you're always talking about." Austin smiles reassuringly. Mack chuckles at Monty.

"Monty this is Austin, she's my boss." Mack murmurs. Monty hugs Macks neck laughing happily. he shoots her a dirty look and cuddles to Mack. Austin laughs a little.

"aren't you cute?" Austin chuckles.

"don't give her dirty looks buddy." Mack murmurs. "sorry he gets like that with new people. he still hasn't warmed up to Sally." Mack frowns.

"thats okay. I've got kids of my own Mack, you're not gonna offend me." Austin smiles. "but that does remind me, we need to get your semi in for maintenance. I was hoping we could-" Austin starts. Monty squeals angrily, pushing his hood off his face and squirming in Macks arms.

"stop it." Mack murmurs, adjusting the boy. Monty fights with him climbing up onto his shoulders and hugging Macks head. he settles himself and shoots Austin a nasty look. the woman, of course, can't stop the laugh that escapes her.

"I'm sorry sweetie, am I talking to him to much?" Austin ask. Monty lets out a string of ranting, angry, gibberish. he rants and waves his little arms around giving her the dirtiest look he can. Mack flushes dark red, but Austin is laughing.

"he-heh... sorry its not usually like this. I swear." Mack says reaching up to pull Monty down. Monty kicks his hand off screaming.

"don't worry about it Mack, my daughter was the same way. its okay, it just means he loves you and is afraid to lose you." Austin smiles.

"Doc, hey!" Mack calls. the older man looks up and walks over.

"welcome back Austin." Doc nods. Monty screams angrily, pointing at Austin and ranting again while looking at Doc. surely the older man would make this woman leave his daddy alone. Doc looks amused. "take it easy squirt." Doc says.

"can you take him? he's just screaming his little heart out at Austin for talking to me." Mack frowns. Doc nods and reaches out for the boy.

"c'mon kid, I bet Flo has a milkshake for you." Doc says. Monty resists, holding tighter to Macks head with a loud screech of MINE!. Mack winces a little. "you little shit, I don't want Mack, I want you. come here." Doc huffs. Austin giggles a little. "come here." Doc says firmly. Monty glares at him, but relents. he lets Doc cuddles him, but he's not quite finished with Austin. he turns in Docs arms and lets out another rant of gibberish, glaring her down. he pauses to take a breath, red in the face and Doc looks down at him. "you done? come on." Doc murmurs, carrying him off. Monty pouts up at Doc tearfully. "she's not gonna take him from you or Red. she's just talking to him its okay." Doc assures.

"whats wrong?" Flo asks, walking over.

"he's jealous Macks boss is talking to Mack." Doc mutters. Monty squeals angrily, ranting his frustrations to Flo. the woman has no idea what his gibberish means, but she nods along sympathetically.

"I see. well, did you go tell Red about it?" Flo asks. Monty shakes his head a little. "why don't you go tell him all about it and I bet he'll fix it." Flo assures. Monty nods and wiggles himself free from Doc, running off to the fire station. he runs full speed into the fire station, where Reds getting ready to water his flowers again.

"daddy!!!" Monty screams. Red looks up confused.

"buddy?" Red asks, scooping him up. Monty squeals his rambling gibberish. "oh baby whose got your so angry?" Red ask. Monty screams and points out the door towards Mack. Red heaves a sigh and carries Monty over to Mack. he storms over to Mack and frowns. "alright you stop right there and tell me what you did to my baby." Red frowns.

"wha- me?" Mack scoffs. Monty pouts, cuddling to Red.

"hi Austin, someone want to tell me why my baby is so upset?" Red frowns.

"Austin was talking to me." Mack mutters.

"well that certainly doesn't explain why he's so angry and upset." Red frowns, holding Monty.

"he's being dramatic." Mack frowns. Monty holds tightly to Red and squeals at Mack. "don't take that tone with me Monty. Reds my fiance I have the right to talk to him." Mack frowns.

"don't you dare talk to my baby like that. you owe him an apology." Red frowns. Monty cuddles to Red and sniffles.

"an apology for what? I'm just trying to figure out when I'm taking the semi in." Mack murmurs. Red shakes his head and heads into Flos diner. he sits at the table with Doc.

"Monty you have got to calm down. you can't be so possessive like that. no ones gonna take you from us, nor us from you." Red assures gently. Monty whines and holds tighter to him. Doc chuckles softly.

"he's really not happy." Doc murmurs.

"I know but he's got to relax." Red sighs.

"he's just scared to lose you guys. don't be so hard on him." Doc frowns.

"how come never acts like this towards you?" Red asks.

"he never acts like this towards you either Red, besides, I'm his favorite person in town." Doc smirks at Monty. Monty squeals and Docs not sure if he's agreeing or disagreeing, but it doesn't matter. "besides you of course." Doc adds looking at Red. Red sighs softly and hugs Monty tightly.

"he does it to everyone, including Mack. sometimes he screams at Mack for talking to me. I just don't understand. I wish he could tell me his thought process." Red sighs quietly. Doc gives him a sympathetic smile.

"he just sees the world differently Red. its alright." Doc assures. Monty cuddles to Red, looking tired.

"you get some sleep kiddo." Red murmurs, holding him tighter. Monty curls up. Red sighs a little and holds him.

"don't worry Red, he'll grow out of it. he's just got to be reassured that you're not going anywhere." Doc assures.

"I hope you're right Doc. I really do." Red murmurs, cuddling Monty tightly.