Young Monty - Bonus chapter 5

its been a little over 4 months since Sally showed up and Monty still doesn't like her. he absolutely despises new people. he doesn't like anyone new in the town, so when he walks into Flos diner, Tommy clutched to his chest, he stops and starts at the new girl sitting on his stool at the bar. he stares daggers at the young girl, who is probably about 13.

"hey, you guys fostering a new kid?" Mable asks, looking at Flo. Mable goes to a private year round school in another state and hasn't met him yet. Monty runs around the bar to Flo with a whine, reaching up for her to pick him up.

"oh hey Monty." Flo smiles picking him up. she puts him on her hip and smiles. "no Red and Mack adopted him. Monty this is my daughter Mable." Flo smiles. he whines at her and points at Mable. Flo chuckles.

"whats wrong with him?" Mable ask curiously.

"thats where he likes to sit, so he can sit right in front of me." Flo smiles, shaking her head. "I know kiddo she's sitting on your stool isn't she?" Flo chuckles. he pouts at her when she sets him up on the counter.

"oh I can move." Mable assures.

"no its okay honey I'll just set him here and get him a cookie." Flo smiles. she sits Monty on the counter and goes to retrieve him a cookie.

"can I have a peanut butter milkshake too?" Mable asks as Flo comes back. she gives Monty a cookie and shakes her head.

"oh, I'm sorry honey. we don't have peanut butter anymore, do we little man?" Flo smiles, pinching his cheek.

"no peanut butter?" Mable ask, confused.

"uh, no. the whole town threw out anything with peanuts in it when Monty got his hands on some and went into anaphylactic shock. kid spent a week in the hospital." Flo frowns a little, ruffling his hair. "I don't think I've ever seen Doc panic like that." Flo said.

"Doc panicked?" Mable ask, shocked.

"yup, kid was blue in minutes and it was not very pretty." Flo frowns. Monty watches her, eating his cookie quietly.

"wow." Mable says.

"but let me get you a mint milkshake, is that okay?" Flo ask.

"yeah sure." Mable smiles. Flo heads off to make her one. "hey." Mable says. Monty turns to give her a dirty look. "sorry I sat on your stool kid." Mable says. Monty just glares at her. "I like your bear." Mable smiles. Monty looks down and hugs Tommy tighter. "hey ma, how come he doesn't talk?" Mable calls.

"he's shy and he has a studder." Flo says coming back over. she places the milkshake in front of Mable with a smile, then turns her attention to Monty. "isn't that right cutie?" Flo ask. Monty pouts at her a little. "where are your daddies at kiddo?" Flo ask. Monty squirms and gets up to jump off.

"so Red and Mack are his dads?" Mable ask, watching Flo put Monty on the floor so he could run off.

"yeah. his parents crashed out here and he was the only survivor. his dad beat him and his mom pretty good. he clicked with Red, I think because Red knew sign language." Flo smiles. "but don't get in his way when it comes to Doc." Flo chuckles. Mable smiles and watches Monty leave.

"he likes Doc?" Mable ask.

"he has the cutest little crush on him. Red had to get onto the boy for picking his flowers and giving them to Doc." Flo chuckles. Mable grins a little.

"well, I'm glad he gets to learn what real love is around here." Mable says. Flo smiles at her and turns to watch Monty.

Monty giggles to himself and heads over to Docs clinic. Red is sick and Mack has a sinus infection, so he's pretty much on his own any time he leaves the house. he pushes his way into the clinic, where Doc is working on paperwork. he squeals walking in and Doc looks up.