Chapter 3

"you cannot run out in the road like that. whats wrong with you?" Doc frowns. Monty flinches away from the angry older man, giving him a sad puppy look. Doc heaves a sigh through his nose and decides to take his anger out on the man who nearly killed the boy. "Red go. get him back to the house." Doc said. Red grumbles lowly and heads over to Mack.

"come here buddy." Red murmurs, taking Monty. he cuddles Red, sniffling. "its okay." Red assures gently.

"you apologize to him. you made him cry." Mack frowns at Doc.

"I think he'll come to forgive me. I saved him." Doc mutters. Monty reaches for Reds busted knuckles, he'd hit Chick pretty hard in his teeth.

"its okay buddy. he tried to hurt you so I hurt him." Red assures gently, but lets Monty see his hand. Monty looks over at Doc and Chick. the two are in a heated argument, which is fine, until Chick strikes the older man. Doc can handle it just fine, but Monty screams immediately, reaching for Doc, Macks already riled up, but now he's in Chicks face screaming at him. Red walks over and passes Monty to Doc before stomping over to join Mack. Doc frowns a little, looking at the boy whose hugging his neck.

"m'okay kid. I'm fine." Doc assures, trying to pull one of the arms from his neck. Monty lays his head on Docs shoulder and drops one of his arm, holding tightly to the back collar of Docs shirt with his other hand. "don't wrinkle my shirt kid." Doc murmurs. Monty whines a little when Doc tries to pull him off. he holds tighter to Docs shirt. Doc sighs a little and carries the boy away from the fight. "I'm taking him to your house." Doc calls.

"alright." Red says. Doc lets him hold onto him tightly.

"what the hell are we going to do with you kid? they're going to want to keep you." Doc murmurs. Doc sets him down once they enter the house. Monty heads over to the table, opening the bag and pulling out his new drawing tools. he grabs a blank sheet of paper and starts drawing. Doc decides now is a good time to bring up the drawing he was given. he reaches into his back pocket. he pulls out the picture, unfolds it and pushes it towards Monty. "how did you know kid?" Doc ask. Monty looks at the picture and snatches it. he smoothes it out gently and begins drawing on it again. he adds a few more details to the car and pushes the paper back to Doc before continuing on his previous drawing. "I know sign language, I want you to talk to me here. how did you know?" Doc ask. Monty again stop on his current drawing. he grabs a new sheet of paper and draws a very quick drawing and pushes it over to Doc. its a picture of a tv and its got the Hornet on the screen. "you saw me on tv?" Doc ask. Monty nods, taking the paper back and drawing a VHS tape on it, before pushing it back to Doc. "oh someone had me on tape. oh, but how did you know that was me?" Doc ask. Monty stands up and walks over to Doc. he grabs Docs arm and the older man lets him. the boy pushes Docs sleeve up a little and points a the little hornet, the bug not the car, tattoo with FHH '51 - '54 written underneath it. he must've seen it the night of the accident. "you saw my tattoo." Doc says, nodding. Monty grins at him and goes back to his drawing. "do you have any questions for me?" Doc ask. Monty looks down with a frown, then shakes his head and keeps drawing. Doc puts the picture back into his pocket and looks over when the door opens.

"the nerve of that man!" Red huffs. Monty flinches immediately, the crayon in his hand snapping in half.

"hey, lower your voice." Doc reminds him. Red looks over at Monty and scoops him up gently.

"you okay?" Red ask.

"he's fine." Doc assures. "oh by the way Luigi, Guido, Sheriff, Mater, and I set up your spare room for the kid." Doc says.

"aww you guys set up a bedroom for him?" Red grins. "come on buddy, lets go check out your room." Red smiles. Monty takes his hand and follows him. Mack watches him go and shakes his head.