Chapter 5

"whats up?" Red ask. Docs not angry or upset they haven't noticed, they just probably assumed Monty had been potty trained, like he had. they were just kids themselves.

"he's not potty trained you know that right? he's been running around in a pull up since the accident." Doc frowns. Reds eyes widen a little.

"u-uh no." Red frowns. "uh but I'm sure Flo might have some." Red says, getting up and heading out of the house. Doc heads back to the bathroom, strips himself down to his boxers and scoops the boy up. he strips the boy of his pull up and tosses it into his bathroom trash can.

"alright Reds going to deal with everything. you and I are getting a shower." Doc says. Monty whines a little, holding onto Doc. "you'll be fine kiddo." Doc assures, turning the water on. Monty flinches holding tighter to him. "relax kid." Doc murmurs, setting him down and closing the shower door. Monty wouldn't be able to get out without help, the side of his shower/tub was too tall for him as Doc had one a little taller than normal so he'd fit properly. Monty hugs his leg tightly whining. "look kid, you're smelly. yucky. you need a shower. you're going to be okay." Doc assures. he knows grabs his shampoo and body wash before lowering himself to sit in the tub. Monty watches him hesitantly. "you know how to use shampoo?" Doc ask. Monty nods a little watching him. Doc opens the soap bottle and puts a little into his hand. "alright good. I'm going to wash your hair." Doc murmurs. Monty hesitantly inches closer to him. Doc washes the boys hair gently, then helps him wash the soap out. he tries not to stare at the boy, but the bruises catch his attention. the poor boy still has deep bruises appearing from not only the accident but also his father. he opens his body wash and hands the boy a wash cloth covered in soap. "here scrub up with that." Doc murmurs. Monty cleans himself, with a little bit of Docs help.

"hey I got clothes for him set up out here." Red says, poking his head into the bathroom.

"good grab him a towel we're almost done here." Doc says, scooping the boy up and holding him so they can clean the rest of the soap up off the younger. once the boy is soap free, he shuts the water off and opens the shower door. Reds standing there with a towel for Monty, so Doc passes him over. "shut my bedroom door when you leave." he mutters. Red nods at him and heads out of the room. Red sits Monty on the floor and works on drying him off. the boy giggles a little when Red dries his hair.

"okay buddy, now Doc says you aren't potty trained is that right?" Red asks him. Monty shrugs a little, looking nervous. "thats okay. we'll get you fixed up." Red assures, getting the younger dressed. "I hope these fit you, you're a little small." Red chuckles, putting a shirt on him. the pants are a little big, but the shirt fits near perfect. he looks down at the shirt and squeals. oh course they'd managed to find him a nice shirt with Strip 'the king' Weathers one it. he points at the shirt excitedly. "yeah I know. Mack looked hard for something you'd like that wasn't pink." Red chuckles.

"get him dressed?" Doc ask, walking out of his room dressed with his hair combed. Red secretly wondered if Doc ever allowed himself to look relaxed instead of clean and put together.

"yeah he's all dressed and cute. look at you little man." Red smiles.

"good. looking better squirt." Doc says, ruffling the boys hair. Monty laughs and grabs his hand.

"his hair is so long and curly. should we cut it?" Red asks hesitantly.

"I wouldn't. he'll let you know if it bothers him, besides Macks hair is longer." Doc says. Red shrugs a little.

"yeah you're right." Red nods, scooping Monty up. "I am worried about how small he is though." Red frowns.

"come on, we'll head back over to your house and discuss that so he can go play in his room with his cars." Doc says. Red nods and holds Monty as they head to the house. "okay buddy, you go play in your room alright? the adults have to talk buddy." Red murmurs. Monty nods a little and runs off once Red puts him down. he immediately heads back into the room and over to his desk, he needs to tell Red something the only way he knows how, but pauses as he sees the box of clothing Flo had provided. he decides to dig through it.