Young Monty - Bonus chapter 4 request

its pretty late in the day, nearing 7PM when the three head to Flo and Ramones. Monty whines curled up in Reds arms, clinging to him.

"its just for a night Monty. you'll be okay. you like Flo and Ramone." Mack assures, reaching over to ruffle his hair. Monty shakes his head and signs to Red, looking more distressed than before.

"Docs still in the clinic working, he can't take you. besides, Flo and Ramone are excited to see you. Ramone wants to draw with you." Red smiles. Monty whines and holds tighter to Red, curling up more and clutching Tommy. Red sighs softly and looks at Mack. "I dunno Mack. I feel really guilty." Red murmurs.

"he's been with us 8 months Red. we're just going for an anniversary dinner." Mack assures gently. "we're going to pick him back up in the morning he'll be alright." Mack murmurs.

"he's never spent the night with anyone other than Doc and he was practically begging to stay with Doc then. I don't want to force him to do this." Red frowns.

"he'll be fine." Mack assures. he knocks on the door of Flo and Ramones house and looks back at Monty. "its just for a night Monty." Mack assures, reaching over to rub his back. Monty pulls away from him, clinging to Red more. if he can get Red to decide this is a bad idea, he'll call the whole thing off, or let him stay with Doc instead. Mack sighs a little and turns back as Flo opens the door.

"there you guys are! come on in." Flo grins. they walk in and Mack groans a little. there's a big box on the floor by the back sliding doors with Montys name on it.

"what, the hell, is that?" Mack ask. Flo turns behind her to look at the power-wheels box. its an officially licensed NASCAR power-wheels.

"oh, Doc dropped that off for him. says it was from Mater but Mater got hit by Frank last night so Docs patching him up still." Flo chuckles. she's pretty sure its actually from Doc himself, but doesn't say anything. like everyone else in the town, the grumpy old man had fallen absolutely in love with the little blue eyed boy.

"they bought our baby a Lamborghini." Red mutters quietly. Monty looks over at it, dropping his head on Red shoulder and holding tighter to the older mans shirt.

"aww you guys upset him." Flo murmurs. Monty looks at her and ucrls up more.

"he's not excited to not be spending the night with Doc." Mack smiles slightly, setting a small back pack down. its got some of his clothes, his favorite blanket, and several hot wheels cars in it to keep the boy happy.

"well thats alright, hey kiddo, I've got fresh cookies in the kitchen, you better go get one before Ramone eats them all." Flo grins. Monty squirms a little bit and Red puts him down. he runs off with Tommy towards the kitchen. "go." Flo says ushering them out with a smile.

"come on Red." Mack murmurs.

"but-" Red tries.

"go while he's distracted." Flo says. she pushes them out and shuts the door. she heads to the kitchen smiling. Monty is staring up at Rmaone, holding onto his pants leg."Ramone you give that boy a cookie." Flo chuckles. Monty squeals in agreement.

"I'm working on it. don't worry. just have to find a cookie cooled enough that it won't hurt him." Ramone mutters. Flo scoops Monty up and puts him on the counter then goes for a plastic cup to get him some milk. Ramone hands him a cookie. "how about we get those shoes off so you're not dirtying the counter." Ramone asks, reaching for his shoes. Monty squeals angrily, pulling his feet away.

"just leave them Ramone. he's going outside to play with that car in the back yard anyway." Flo says. their back yard was a fenced off area that lead to the diner for quick trips back and forth, so it would be big enough Monty could ride around.