Bonus - Birthday

almost 7 months after they adopted Monty, a lady from CPS had showed up to talk to them. Red and Mack had been terrified she was there to take them, but no, she had come to inform them, that Monty wasn't 5 according to his files, he was 4, that all their paper work was good, except Montys birthday, which she corrected for them and went on her way. that had been a day ago or so, little Montys birthday had actually just passed about 4 months ago, meaning the boy had actually only been 3 when they found him. the poor boy probably didn't even know his own birthday, the only reason they actually had it now, was because CPS had contacted the hospital he was born at and had gotten his original birth certificate and other information. this was all fine and dandy, except Red was now completely upset he'd missed the boys birthday. Red was working on setting up a party, he'd made sure that Monty wouldn't react too bad, and sent the boy off to play with whoever in the town wanted him.

he was currently at Flos diner and it was early, so they weren't too busy yet. all the waitresses were fawning over him. at first Monty was okay with it, but now he's starting to fuss.

"ladies, alright, back to work, your upsetting the boy." Flo chuckles walking over. she scoops him up and holds him gently. "alright you okay Monty?" Flo ask. Monty whines, holding onto her. "okay what if we find someone else to hang out with you hmm?" Flo ask. Monty nods a little. "okay, ladies I'm stepping out a moment, I'll be back in a few." Flo assures. she carries him out and over to Fillmore, who isn't really a big kid person, but likes Monty because the boy likes all his gay flags and music better than Sarges. "hey Fillmore." Flo waves. she sets the boy down.

"whats up man?" Fillmore ask.

"can you keep him for a bit. Red and Mack are doing stuff and need us to keep him. he was getting fussy." Flo said.

"why not take him to Doc?" Fillmore ask.

"haven't seen him today. just keep him for a bit and pass him off, he can spend the day with everyone." Flo smiles, walking off. Monty looks up at Fillmore expectantly.

"Flo, hey I can't-" Fillmore tries. he sighs after a second. he looks down at Monty. "okay kid, I bet Sarge has something you can play with." Fillmore says, heading inside his and Sarges shared house. Monty doesn't follow. he knows these two don't like kids, which means they don't like him, and he doesn't want to risk getting hurt by walking in without Red or Mack. he waits quietly for a few minutes until he sees Doc. he immediately runs over to the older, squealing to catch his attention. Doc pauses immediately and turns around to look at him.

"hey kid, what are you doing out here?" Doc ask scooping him up gently. Monty hugs his neck and giggles happily. Doc chuckles and holds him. "wanna come with me to work on the Hornet?" Doc ask. Monty squeals excitedly, nodded quickly. Doc chuckles a little and takes the boy to his garage. Monty's the only person other than Doc himself to see the Hornet in nearly 55 years and the kid always lit up like a light seeing it. Doc had cleared off part of his work bench previously so Monty could have a place to draw. not only is Docs house covered in drawings but his garage is too. the kid is always giving him drawings that are progressively getting better and better. Docs personal favorite drawing is on his nightstand in his bedroom. its a picture, he'd learned days after getting it had taken the kid three weeks to finish, of him driving his Hornet on Thomasville, with Smokey cheering him on while Louise, River, and Junior were following behind him. the picture had so much detail, Doc was working on getting it professionally framed. "you gonna draw me a pretty picture?" Doc smiles. Monty nods, grinning as Doc sets him down. he giggles quietly and runs over to the desk, to start drawing. "what are you gonna draw today kiddo?" Doc ask.

"p-p-p..." Monty tries. he really only ever talks, or attempts to talk, to Doc. the older man is patient waiting for him to say what he needs. Monty stomps his foot angrily and looks at Doc.