Chapter 26: Just a Dream

"Alright everyone, get into formation." Shiro instructed his team.

All of the paladins circled the large teludav and lifted it up from the surface of Olkarion, following the Castle of Lions as it exited the atmosphere.

"Alright, keep it steady . . ."

All of a sudden, Phoebe's vison began to blur. She accidentally slipped her hand on the controls, her lion letting go of part of the teludav.

"Phoebe, is everything alright?" Shiro asked as he noticed the purple lion letting go.

"Huh? Oh yeah, everything is fine. I just . . . got dizzy is all." She tried to shake herself out of it and had her lion latch back onto the device.

Once the teludav was carefully placed where it needed to be, the lions all returned to the castle. They all went back to their hangars and started to head to the bridge, but Phoebe stayed in her lion for a moment. She could feel her head pounding, which made her concerned.

"Phoebe, are you coming?" Shiro asked her through her communicator.

"Um, yeah. I think I might just go lay down for a few, if that's alright."

"Go ahead. We still have plenty time before we have to go." He kindly replied.

Phoebe got up from her chair and left her lion, heading back to her room to rest her head. She hoped that maybe that would help her feel better.

. . .

Phoebe's eye slowly opened as she sat up. She was back in her lion, but she couldn't really hear anything. She could hear voices in the background, but they were faded out by the ringing in her ears. She looked all around her to get an idea of her surroundings.

"What . . . what's going on?" She thought to herself.

Her hands were firmly grasped on the controls of her lion. The paladins had formed Voltron, and infront of them was another warrior. She had remembered seeing it in a flash once. It was . . . Zarkon. Voltron was charging at him with its sword.

The two clashed, Voltron piercing Zarkon through the abdomen of his armored warrior. The sword that had pierced through grew brighter as it swarmed itself with flames. Zarkon tried to grab Voltron by the head. Phoebe could feel that something was off with the black lion, as she could sense Shiro struggling. But all of the paladins focused on fighting back, pushing the sword further in. Everyone screamed as they push with all their might, until the sword went all the way through.

Phoebe saw a bright flash surround the team at the very moment Voltron got sent flying away from the impact of the blast. The mighty warrior had been split back into its six lions, all of them trying to grasp what just happened.

"Is it over? Is he gone?" Hunk and Lance asked as they looked out at the debris.

Phoebe looked out at the other lions and noticed that the black lion was unresponsive.

"I've got Allura and Kolivan. Everyone get back to the ship." Coran announced.

"Shiro!" Phoebe tried to get a response, but he didn't reply back.

"We gotta tow him back to the castle." Keith said as he flew the red lion towards Shiro.

Phoebe flew that way too, and the both of them latched onto the black lion and carried it back to the castle. They carefully placed it in its hangar and then flew their lions to their own hangars.

Once the paladins got out they immediately ran back to the black lion. Phoebe panted as she sprinted to the hatch leading to the controls of the black lion, Keith running besides her. Once the door opened though, they were shocked at what they saw.

"Shiro?"

Phoebe placed her hand on the back of the empty seat, where Shiro should have been.

"He's . . . gone?" Lance couldn't believe it. None of them could believe it, all of their faces filled with shock.

Phoebe screamed in pain as she fell to her knees. Her heart felt as if it had shattered. it was like Kerberos all over again. She felt like she had lost him again, only this time she was there to see it. Her head began to pound once again as everything began to fade to white.

. . .

"Alright guys, listen up. I'll lure Zarkon's fleet to our current location and make sure he's within the teludav's area of effect." Shiro explained to the group gathered on the bridge.

"Wait, where is Phoebe? She should be here to hear the plan." Keith asked the black paladin.

"She said she wasn't feeling well and that she was going to go rest for a little bit." He replied. "You should probably go get her. We need everyone to be well aware of the plan."

"Okay. I'll be right back." Keith walked out of the bridge and headed towards Phoebe's room. As he got closer to her door though, he could hear her screaming. He quickened his pace, now running in her direction. He tried to get the door to open, but it wouldn't open right away. He tried to pry it open, which eventually worked.

"No!" Phoebe jolted up in her bed. She was panting as she tried to catch her breathe. Her entire body was in pain as she tried to grasp back to her surroundings. She was back in her room, laying down in her bed, but she couldn't even tell what day it was or what was going on.

"Phoebe! Are you okay?" Keith rushed to her side, sitting on the edge of her bed. She looked as if she had just had the life scared out of her, which worried him.

She immediately began to cry, remembering the events that took place in her dream. Keith noticed that her Altean marks were glowing.

"Don't worry, it was just a nightmare." He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in closer, trying to comfort her. He could feel her heart racing against his chest.

"Keith, it felt so real." She continued to cry into his shoulder. "We were fighting Zarkon . . . a-and we won, b-but Shiro . . ."

She looked up at Keith, her eyes still puddling as she choked on her words. She couldn't get the sight out of her head.

"He was gone. Just like that, h-he was g-gone."

Keith started to stroke her head, trying to calm her down as she tried to catch her breathe. Her Altean marks began to fade back to normal as her body loosened a little.

"Its okay. Shiro is still here. He is fine. It was just a dream, Phoebe." He spoke softly to her.

She eventually stopped crying, now sitting up and wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'm sorry Keith, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Its okay. I'm getting used to being scared." He chuckled, which made her smile. "Just take your time and take some deep breathes. I'll let the other's know that you are on your way back up to the bridge." He stood up from her bed and leaned over to kiss her forehead.

"I'll see you out there cowboy." She gave him a small smile, but the second he left her room it faded. She couldn't stop thinking about the dream. Pieces of it kept flashing through her mind as she tried to get herself back into her armor.

"It was just a dream Phoebe . . . it was just a dream." Phoebe repeated to herself as she rubbed her cheeks, not realizing that they were glowing once again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Thank you all for being so patient with me! I am so grateful to have such amazing readers!

P.S: Thank you all so much for 13k reads!!!!!!! I still can't wrap my head around it! ♡