Chapter 2: The Purple Lion

"Keith, you got the red lion!" Allura cheered as she entered the red lion's hangar along with the other paladins.

"Yeah, and something else . . ." Keith turned around and put his arm around Phoebe, who was still a little dizzy from the ride.

"Ph- Phoebe?" Shiro walked over to her and lifted her head up, looking into her green eyes.

"Didnt think I'd ever see you again, Shiro." Phoebe looked up and smiled at the friend she thought she lost and then her gaze went towards Pidge.

"M-Matt? Is, is that you?" Phoebe's eyes widedened as her eyes scanned up and down Pidge.

"No, this is Pidge. He is the paladin of the green lion.", Hunk said as he stood next to Pidge, whose eyes were full of shock.

"Wait, Phoebe? Phoebe Mori?" Lance popped his head in between the two and got a good look at her.

"Hola lover boy", she chuckled as his jaw dropped to the floor.

"Aaah, mi hermana! I thought you were dead!" He squeezed her tightly, making her gasp for air again.

"I thought so too. I have Keith to thank for getting me out of there." She turned her gaze back to Keith, which made him blush.

"Well you were already lose in the place, so I didn't help that much.", he replied as he tried to hide his pink cheeks.

"Oh, so that's why we didnt find you in the prisoner cells.", Pidge chimed in.

"Yeah, they put me on that ship to transport me. I decided to fight back and took out a guard on the way to the cell. That's how I was able to . . ."

All of a sudden a loud roar rattled the entire castle.

"What was that?!" The roar had startled everyone, and even made Phoebe jump.

"Princess Allura, the purple lion, its . . . Its outside the castle!" Coran announced from the bridge.

"But how? We haven't found the paladin yet, unless . . ."

Everyone turned their heads towards Phoebe, which made her even more nervous than before.

"Why is everyone staring at me?"

"Because . . .", Allura walked up to her and placed a hand on Phoebe's shoulder, "you must be the missing paladin of Voltron."

The hangar was so silent that you could hear Phoebe's heart racing. What was this princess talking about?

"Me, a paladin of Voltron?" Phoebe couldn't believe what she was saying.

"Yes. The purple lion makes up the torso of Voltron. It brings all of the lions together. The purple lion has the combined characteristics of the other lions. It is caring, intellectual, knows control, and has good instincts. It takes a pilot with all of these qualities, which is you Phoebe.", Allura explained.

"I, I can't believe this."

"I understand that this is a lot to take in right now, but we are all here for a reason. Voltron is the universe's last hope. We are the universe's last hope."

"So what do you say? Wanna be on my team again?" Shiro chuckled as he awaited an answer.

"I'll do it!"

"Great! Now get suited up. We have a galra ship heading our way and we still need to unlock my lion." Shiro walked back to Phoebe and opened his arms for a hug. Without hesitation, she jumped in and wrapped hers around him.

"Welcome back Pheebs."

"Thanks Shiro."

"Ok paladins! Let's do this!"