Chapter 23: Recovery

The group returned to the castle in the red lion, bringing with them Kolivan. As they got out of the red lion, Kolivan and Shiro made their way to Princess Allura and the others. Kolivan assured Allura that he wanted to help her and the paladins to bring down Zarkon.

Phoebe helped Keith to get out of the lion, his body still very sore from the trials. She had his arm wrapped around her neck and hers around his torso as they both walked out of the lion.

"Woah! What happened to him?" Lance asked as he saw Keith stumble.

"Long story, and now is not the time." Phoebe replied as she walked past the paladins and Allura. "I'm going to go heal him."

She helped him to walk out of the launch bay and through the halls as she headed to his bedroom. As she opened the door, Keith unwrapped his arm from her neck. She directed him inside and closed the door behind her.  She helped him take of the armored pieces of his paladin suit, leaving the under layer of the suit on.

"Take off your shirt."

"What!?" Keith was startled by her request.

"You got a bad cut on your shoulder from one of those swords. I need to heal you." She explaiend as she pointed to his bed. She turned around, knowing that she'd probably blush if she watched him. She decided to also take off the pieces of armor from her suit so she could move around a little easier.

He sat down on the edge of his bed and lifted up his shirt, groaning in pain as he lifted it above his head. Phoebe walked over to his bed and sat next to him on the edge. She gently pushed him down, so his head was laying on his pillow.

"Is this gonna hurt?" He chuckled as Phoebe placed her hand on his wound. As she did, he flinched as a sharp pain shot through his arm.

"Don't worry, that'll be the worst of it."

Her Altean marks along with her hand began to glow as she healed him. She could feel each cell of quintessence repairing as she focused solely on his injuries.

"I still cant beleive what they did. That hologram was a nasty trick." Phoebe growled as she continued to heal him. She was glad that the Blades were now an ally, but she was still pissed with what they put Keith through.

"Yeah, but I guess it was neccessary. Not going to lie, it hurt a little more than the beating I got from those fighters." He tried to laugh, but he felt a sharp pain in his ribs. "D-did you hear everything?"

"Yes, I did. I especially heard those three words that came out." She smiled at him, her cheeks turning a light pink. "That's the first time either of us said them."

"Actually, you said it first." He corrected her.

"Wait, what!? When?"

"When I took you to go rest after the mall, you whispered in my ear 'Te amo' as you pulled me onto your bed."

Phoebe's cheeks turned a little more red. She couldnt believe she did that, and what she couldnt believe more than that was she had no memory whatsoever about that moment.

"Wait, is that why you were so distant when I woke up? I would think that if someone tells you they love you that you would be happy afterwards."

"I was happy. I mean, I am happy! I just-" he sighed as he tried to gather his words. "I was just worried."

"About what? About you being part Galra?"

"Yes." He answered blankly.

"Keith, I already told you that I dont care about that!" Phoebe's expression now became more serious as she tried to get through to him.