Chapter 3: Some Assembly Required

"Everybody up! Zarkon is attacking!"

"Oh c'mon! Can't I get at least one moment to myself?!", Phoebe thought as she quickly grabbed her clothes. She had just finished taking an early shower when the castle alarms went off.

"The castle is about to be destroyed!"

She tried to quickly put on her outfit that Allura gave her. Since she didnt have any of her Earth clothes she had to wear some left over Altean clothing they found on the ship.

"Go! Go! Go! We need Voltron NOW!"

"Ok ok! I'm coming!" Phoebe dashed out of the bathroom and ran as fast as she could to the control room of the castle.

"Hurry! We can't survive much longer!" Allura kept screaming over the coms.

"Oh no, Allura is dead! Aah, it's horrible! Her head fell off." Coran said quite dramatically. "Wait, what. Her severed head is trying to speak to me. What is it Allura's head? What are your final words?"

"Uh, Coran?" Phoebe looked at the pair, confused. Keith, Shiro, Hunk and Pidge joined her.

"I'm guessing this isn't an actual attack.", Shiro interrupted Coran's rambling about Allura's head.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't, because it took you . . . Coran?"

"75 degrees . . .sorry, no. This is a meat thermometer."Coran chuckled.

"However long it was it was too long. You must always be ready to battle Zarkon." Allura walked over to the paladins and looked them over, head to toe.

"Look at you! Only Shiro is in uniform. Keith, Hunk, Pidge, where are your bayards. And Phoebe . . ." She looked at the purple paladin.

"Why is your hair dripping? And where is your top?"

Phoebe looked down and noticed that she didn't have her black shirt and purple vest on, instead she had on her sports bra.

"Well I had just finished taking a shower when the castle alarms went off. But at least I have my bayard."

"Why did you have a bayard in the shower?", Hunk asked.

"Trust me, after living in an alien prison for a year you learn to be extra protective of yourself." As Phoebe stood there she crossed her arms, trying to hide her right arm and bare skin.

"Here." Keith took his jacket and put it on Phoebe, covering her up.

"Thanks." She smiled, trying to not blush.

"And where is Lance?"

As if on cue, Lance walked in through the castle doors, rocking a blue robe and blue lion slippers.

"Good morning everybody! What's going on?" Lance walked over to join the others.

"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order.", Allura replied. "We had to run a test on the alarms and decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed?"

"Hey, you got to sleep for 10,000 years man.", Hunk groaned.

"I haven't even been able to sleep in over a year." Phoebe added.

"Yeah, and Monday night I was on Earth. Since then I've flown a robot, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo as food in a weird castle. That is a lot to process in . . . What day is today?"

"Its the third quintant of the spucoliant movement . . . HUMPDAY!"

"You must understand the stakes of our mission." Allura pulled up a hologram, showing the planets and star system's of the universe. "Over 10,000 years the castle has picked up help beacons from all across the universe. We have to assume that Zarkon has control over almost the entire known universe. Here is Earth."