Chapter 25: Stayin Alive

"Are you looking to see if my skin is purple?" Keith glared at Hunk, who was squinting at him.

"No?"

Phoebe, Keith and Hunk were flying away from the Weblum, when all of a sudden the computer screen pulled up the princess.

"Phoebe, Hunk, Keith, are you there!?" She asked frantically.

"What's wrong princess?" Phoebe asked, concerned by the panic in Allura's voice.

"You must return to the castle! I need you!"

"Don't worry, we are on our way!" Keith reassured her.

Allura opened up a wormhole for them. Hunk flew the yellow lion through, and once he did the paladins could immediately see the danger they had to face.

"Hunk! Lookout!" Phoebe shouted as a laser shot out, almost hitting them.

Their eyes all widened as they gazed upon the creature they had fought before on the Balmera, only this time it had some changes in appearance.

"How is that thing operational? It doesn't even have a head!?" Lance asked. Pidge, Shiro, Lance and the engineer they were sent to grab had gone through a separate wormhole to join the party.

"I'm not sure, but I'm sure it has something to do with those crystals on it's chest." Pidge replied. The monster now had crystals piercing through it's chest, crystals from it's Balmera prison.

"That doesn't matter now. We have to protect the castle!" Shiro instructed them.

"Wait, how did we defeat this thing last time?" Keith asked.

"We formed Voltron, I put in my Bayard and fired the blasters at it's arm lasers. But that didn't work, so we had to punch it." Hunk summed it up.

"So we need to form Voltron." Keith added.

"But we only have two lions. " Pidge said with concern in her voice.

"Maybe we can form the legs and kick it?" Lance suggested.

"Lance, now is not the time to say stupid things." Phoebe replied. just as she said that, the monster shot out a laser nearly missing the two lions. They managed to evade it, but two surrounding moons got hit and exploded.

"Yeah, that laser is deffinetely more powerful. We're gonna need the whole team for this one." Phoebe was awestruck as she felt the vibrations of the explosions.

"Hunk, distract that thing while we fly into the castle. Once we have the lions, we'll cover you so you can fly Phoebe and Keith in for Red and Purple." Shiro instructed.

"Wait, wait, wait, I have to hold that thing off by myself?" Hunk asked nervously.

"You have Keith and Phoebe." Pidge pointed out.

"Yeah, but they're in here with me!"

"No time to argue, we gotta do this now!" Shiro cut in.

Lance flew blue back to the castle while Keith, Phoebe and Hunk remained in the monster's line of fire. Hunk started shooting at the beast, following it as he tried his best to land a hit. But it was no use. No matter how hard he tried, the crystals protected the monster from any of Hunk's shots. The monster turned around and fired at the yellow lion. Hunk steered out of the way, but the laser hit the castle and brought down the particle barrier. The castle was now an open target.

"The castle is doomed if we don't distract that beast!" Hunk shouted.

"I think I know a way we can distract it!" Keith and Hunk turned their attention over to Phoebe. "Hunk, your lion is very sturdy. We could try ramming into its crystals. maybe that will be enough to piss it off and get it to follow."