Chapter 15: Across the Universe

The alternate wormhole shot the black, purple and red lions out, sending them hurdling to the surface of an unknown planet. As they fell, the lions separated from eachother.

"No, no no! Stay with me girl, stay with me!" Phoebe said as she lost control of her lion.

All three of the lions crash landed, their paladins knocked out from the impact. Everything went dark and silent for Phoebe, until she regained consciousness.

She groaned as she tried to sit back up in her chair. The impact had sent her head flying forward, hitting the controls. Her head was pounding and ears ringing as she woke up.

"Well, that was terrifying."

She grabbed onto the controls and tried to move them, but the purple lion was unresponsive.

"Its okay girl, just get some rest. It's been a long day."

She got up from her chair and got out through an exit hatch in the top of her lion. She stood on top of it, scanning her surroundings. The rough terrain was sharp, with cliffs and spikes emerging from the ground below. There wasnt a single spot of color to be found.

"Where are we?", she thought to herself. "Wait a minute . . . We! Where is Keith and Shiro!?"

She slid off of her lion and landed on the ground. She began walking, not knowing exactly where to go.

"Keith? Shiro? Can you guys hear me?" She tried to reach them through her helmet, but all she could hear was static and the ringing in her ear.

"Hello? Are you guys there?"

She began to run, her feet barely touching the ground.

"The gravity on this planet is weak. With the impact of the lions crashing through the atmosphere, their lions could have bounced off anywhere."

She continued to search, crossing craters in the planet to find any sign of her teamates. But she wasnt the only one looking.

"Shiro, are you there?" She heard a voice say in her helmet.

"Keith?" Phoebe tried to respond, but she was out of range.

She changed her direction, following the direction of the signal until it grew stronger.

"Keith, Keith I'm here. I'm okay." Shiro replied to him.

"Shiro, you made it." Keith said gratefully.

"Takes more than a glowing alien wound, a fall from the upper atmosphere, and crashing into a hard pan surface of what I'm guessing is 25 meters per second squared to get rid of me. How are you?"

"Not good. My lion is busted and I can't locate Phoebe." Keith began to reply, but realized what Shiro said. "Wait, what wound?"

"Keith, Shiro, can you hear me?" Phoebe tried again to reach with them.

"Phoebe! Yea, we can hear you!" Keith replied, a sigh of relief. "Where are you?"

"Well, uh . . . I'm surrounded by big grey rocks, so I dont know exactly."

Shiro began to laugh, but the pain from his wound made him stop.

"Shiro, are you alright?" Phoebe asked him.

"I-im fine. Its nothing."

"Dont worry, we are on our way."

Phoebe ran as fast as she could, using the light gravity to her advantage. Using her jetpack, she was practically gliding through the air.

"You, you might want to hurry." Shiro said, his voice shaking.

"Shiro, what wrong? What happened?" Keith asked as he too was running as fast as he could.