Chapter 20: Ark of Taujeer

"There is no point in debating this further. Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me." Allura suggested.

The paladins and Allura were all on the bridge. The princess still had the idea that Zarkon was somehow tracking her location. That's how he kept finding them when they jump through wormhole. Everyone tried to convince her otherwise.

"Why would that be so hard to believe? Zarkon's forces arrived on Arus inly after I awoke."

"She's got a point. I would gladly fly across the universe to find you." Lance flirted.

"Its not you Allura . . . Its me." Phoebe spoke up.

"Why would you think that?" Hunk asked her.

"Well, maybe they can track me. I mean, after those experiments they ran on me I now have visions. They fiddled with my mind, so whose to say that they didnt put a tracker in me."

"Wait, you are having visions? Like . . . Of the future?"

"Look, the fact is that we dont know how Zarkon is tracking us. For all we know, it could be the black lion. Whenever he gets close to us, Shiro has to fight for control." Pidge enlightened them.

"It doesnt matter how he is tracking us, because soon enough we are going to be taking the fight to the Galra. They've been chasing us from galaxy to galaxy. The last thing they'd expect is for us to come after him." Shiro explaiend.

"The hunter becomes the hunted, hmm? That's a tagline from like 6 of my favorite movies." Lance added.

"Dude, they use that tagline in nature shows too." Phoebe laughed.

"As it happens, I took our list of recent Galra attacks and analyzed it for both commonalities and anomalies among the attack sites. I was hoping to create an algorithm that would, within a statistically acceptable margin of error, provide a list of target-rich Galra environments color-coded, of course, because what are we, animals?" Pidge rambled as she pulled up her attack map.

"Cool! What is it again?" Lance was confused by all of the tech talk.

"Its essentially a Galra finder, Lance. It predicts where they will be based on where they have been." Phoebe tried to explain to him.

"So, where are the Galra?"

"The nearest ones are right here, a planet called Taujeer." Pidge pointed out a location on the map.

"Then that is where we're heading. Everyone should get some sleep. Tomorrow we will find that Galra fleet and take it out." Shiro suggested. Everyone left the bridge to head back to their rooms, except for Keith, Phoebe and Shiro.

"Is everything okay?" Shiro asked him. Phoebe looked over at Keith, wondering the same thing.

"Yeah, why?"

"You just seem a bit, anxious."

"I'm fine, just tired. Like you said, I should get some sleep." He replied bluntly. Phoebe could hear the sadness in his voice, which felt like a punch to her heart. He walked out of the room, his head down looking at the door.

"I wish I knew what was bothering him." Shiro expressed to Phoebe.

"Trust me, so do I."

She turned around and made her way to her room. As she passed trough the halls, she stopped infront of Keith's door. She wanted to ask him what was wrong, but she couldn't get her hand to knock on the door. She placed her head on the door, whispering to it.

"Whatever it is that is bothering you, you can come to me. I'm here for you Keith."

She took a step back and started to walk back to her room. She closed the door behind her and immediately fell into her bed. Her brain was flooding with thoughts and worry about Keith, but she was so exhausted that the thoughts quieted down as she fell asleep.