Fearless and Reliable

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and say The Other Sawamura is almost over....but if you guys want me to I will continue the story of Hikaru Sawamura, it will just be in another title book...  

Hikaru and the other members of Seido walked back into the dugout, with the exception of Eijun and Hikaru. Chris glanced at the two Sawamura siblings and smiled. He was proud of how much they have grown and he really couldn’t wait to see how much more the two of them would grow.  The group stood in front of the coach listing to any info on how to help them beat Mei.

“Narumiya has pitched ten change-ups so far.”Chris said “He only threw it four times in the first inning but he threw six in the sixth. It’s as if he’s trying to shift our focus, to the pitch that struck out Yuki.”

Everyone could feel their sweat growing as it glided down their face.

“In all their past games this season, he only used around ten change-ups per game. Even in this game he stopped using it after Isashiki sent it into the outfield.”Chris said “This maybe a speculation but they may have a reason they didn’t want to use it so many times.

Hikaru sighed then Coach Kataoka turned to Hikaru.

“Hikaru, from your point what do you think about Mei’s change up?”Coach Kataoka asked

Hikaru sighed as he felt everyone’s eyes on him.

“You want my honest opinion?”Hikaru asked

“If you don’t mind.”Chris replied

“I wouldn’t worry about the change up.”Hikaru replied

“WHAT?!”Kuramochi shouted

“You’re letting yourself get side track by focusing on one pitch. We knew coming into this game that Mei was going to throw everything he had at us. We just need to go after everything with all our power. Go after Mei with everything we have…So no matter happens during this game we can walk off this field with no regret.”Hikaru replied

Coach Kataoka smiled then replied:

“Hikaru is right. It doesn’t matter if there’s a reason for their use of the change-up. If they’ve made us think this hard about it, then we’ve already played into their hands. If we continue to play like we have, we can’t win.  Let’s forget their change up.”

Hikaru smirked and turned to see Mei practicing.

‘He isn’t going to let me score easily. Especially since the game is only a point away…After all Mei has pitched 120 pitches just this game.’ Hikaru thought then glanced at Eijun ‘and lastly my brother is thrown into this game…he’s never played in a game with this much pressure ridding on it….I’ve gotta score my next at bat. I’ve gotta get Seido at a comfortable lead so if my brother loses to the pressure he will have some breathing room.’

Hikaru watched as Furuya walked into the batter’s box. Hikaru got ready in the warm up circle. Hikaru heard Eijun getting ready behind her.  Hikaru smirked as Mei threw his first pitch.