30. Harsh Treatment

The feeling of going back to work after everything that happened doesn't feel exciting anymore. It feels incredibly dreadful.

I sighed, leaving my car as I walked inside the building and headed for my desk.

When I reached for my desk, I placed down my bag and opened up my laptop, and began glancing at my emails.

As I was working on my emails, Mina came over. Startling me and leaving me in a state of panic.

"Finish these by today." She told me as she placed down piles of papers on my desk.

"W-Wait, all by today?!" I asked her, I was slightly furious and surprised by the amount of papers.

"Yes, if you don't, then you have to stay until you finish it." She told me as I clenched my jaw.

"This isn't fair. Why couldn't you ask the others like Jihyo to help me?" I angrily reasoned with her.

"Just do as I said!" She gave me an angry intimidating glare. She had never done that to me before...

What is going on? Why is she treating me this way? Did I deserve this?

I glanced down at the papers and started working on the first sheet.

This shit sucks, by the rate I am going. I am going to be here until midnight.

-

As all the workers began to leave, one by one. I was left alone in the office, having to work on papers.

My phone began ringing as I glanced down at it. It was my mother.

Mom: "Hi Y/n! Are you coming home anytime soon? I realized you haven't arrived yet, and you'd usually be here by now."

Y/n: "Sorry, mom, I got stuck in a situation at work today. I won't be able to come over until probably really late."

Mom: "Oh, that's okay. Make sure to take breaks! Young-mi and I will eat dinner now."

Y/n: "Okay, bye! Enjoy dinner! See you later!"

I ended the call as I saw Mina and her secretary come out of her office.

Mina was showing Somi around the office. She taught her how to manage as a secretary, just as she did with me.

I glanced back down at the paper and sighed. This is the worst possible outcome. How did it get to this point?

As it soon turned nearly midnight, I placed my head down on the table to rest my eyes for a few minutes.

Turns out, I ended up falling asleep.

-

Third-person Pov

Mina walked over to Y/n's desk as she realized it was too quiet.

She saw Y/n's head face planted onto the table as she grinned.

"Was I too harsh?" Mina thought to herself.

"Wake up, Ms. Kim." Mina firmly said, trying to hide her smile.

Y/n's eyes slowly opened. As she lifted her head, she saw Mina. She quickly grabbed a paper and started working.

"I-I'm almost done!" Y/n panicked and began reading the documents, nearly half asleep.

"W-Wait, why are you still here?" Y/n asked as Mina was startled.

"Obviously, I can't leave until all my workers have left already." Mina crossed her arms as Y/n seemed to feel guilty.

"I'll be quick. I promise." Y/n told her as Mina nodded.

An hour passed by, and Y/n finished the papers. She carried all the documents and placed them down on Mina's desk. She left the office as she yawned.

She gathered her belongings and headed out. Mina followed beside her. Y/n didn't know what to do or react, so she stayed silent until she reached her car.

Mina ended up parking beside her, just Y/n's luck, she thought.

As Y/n was about to get into her car, Mina stopped her.

"Ms. Kim, I have something for you," Mina told her as Y/n was puzzled. It was 1 am, and Y/n's brain was not functioning.

Mina walked over to Y/n's side and handed her a bag filled with food. Y/n was still too sleepy to process what was happening. She just wanted to go home and get away from work and Mina.

"Thank you, Ms. Myoui," Y/n said.

Before Mina could speak further with Y/n, Y/n already went inside her car and drove off.

"What am I doing? What is wrong with me?! I shouldn't be doing this!" Mina shouted at herself before heading back to her car.

She wanted to talk longer with Y/n, but she knows that she shouldn't. She sighed and went back to her car, and drove home.