36. Mistakes Were Made

Y/n's Pov

My eyes fluttered open as I realized I wasn't in my house. I don't even know whose house this is...

"Looks like you are awake." A familiar voice spoke from afar. I stood up from the couch and turned around, and saw Mina.

Out of shock, I screamed and fell to the floor.

"Are you okay?!" Mina ran over to me as I became speechless.

"W-What am I doing here?!" I nervously spoke. I couldn't bear to see her.

"You got drunk, and I found you at the bar yesterday." She said as my eyes widened.

What the fuck? How? Why? I have so many questions.

"You know what, I should go. I have to go." I moved away from her and stood up as I tried to pick up my jacket.

"Thanks for letting me sleep here, but I have to go," I told her as she became speechless.

I quickly tried walking out the door, but Mina held onto my hand.

"Wait, Y/n. Please, can we talk?" Mina's voice seemed desperate, I complied.

"What is it?" I removed my hand from her handhold.

"Why did you quit? Why did you stop working at my company?" Mina suddenly asked as I clenched my fist.

"It's because I couldn't handle being moved down from being your secretary and for other reasons..."

"What is the other reason?" Mina wanted to know badly.

"It's a personal thing..." I quietly said.

"Why are you so worked up about it?" I angrily asked her.

"Because..."

"Exactly, now I'll take my leave." I scoffed and tried opening the door.

But then, Mina slammed the door shut in front of me, not letting me leave, I sighed.

"Let me leave, please." I was annoyingly frustrated, and she was getting on my nerves.

"Not until you tell me the other reason." She kept bugging me.

"Fine. It's because I was jealous of your new secretary." I admitted.

"What do you mean?" She kept continuing to ask me questions.

"MINA! Just let me leave!" I shouted at her as she was startled and clenched her jaw.

"No! Answer me!" She shouted back at me.

"If you won't let me leave, then I have questions to ask you." I angrily crossed my arms. I am about to speak about what I wanted to say years ago.

"Why the hell did you replace me as your secretary? Why did you replace me, huh? And why in the fucking hell did you kiss me that one day? What was the meaning of that, hm?!" I angrily shouted out as Mina was shocked but glanced to the side.

"You never fucking considered my feelings after that day. You never once spoke to me normally. You treated me like a stranger, and I fucking resented you for years because of it."

"You made it hard for me to work there because I didn't have an answer to my questions because you kept on flirting with the fucking new secretary."

"Don't you know how much you fucking hurt me? Seeing you again at the cafe and coming daily to buy coffee, don't you see how much you have hurt me? Are you that dense?"

"I-I'm sorry... It's my fault, it's all my fault..." Mina couldn't bear to look at me in the eyes, and she was frowning, glancing elsewhere.

"If you are sorry, then explain WHY! Why did you kiss me that day?!" I pleaded for an answer.

"I-I kissed you because... I-I know it is wrong, but I felt jealous because I didn't like how close you were to Jihyo..." Mina nervously admitted.

"I ended up kissing you because of that, but I regretted it... I knew how much trouble I could get into because i'm your boss and you're my secretary. So, I tried pushing you away, and I hoped you would forget about it..." I can tell Mina was frustrated.

"But why? That makes no sense. Why would you be jealous of her?" Nothing was adding up.

"I-I..." She kept stuttering.

"What was the reason?!" I shouted out of frustration as she kept trying to hide the real reason.

"It's because I love you!" Mina breathed heavily as my jaw dropped.

"I have loved you for so long, and I feared that I ruined everything by kissing you, so I tried to force myself to like someone else. But I failed to because they weren't you, and no one was better than you."

"You don't know how long I have loved you for. I tried so hard to keep it in, but Jihyo kept coming in the way, and I felt so jealous."

"M-Mina..."

"I know that you are now dating that girl, and she may be the right one for you. But, I-I just needed to let it out, and I have been holding it in since elementary school..."

Since elementary school?! Does that mean...

"You were the crush I was talking about that I loved since elementary school. I know you don't remember me, but I do. I remembered you clearly, and I couldn't get you out of my head since that day..."

"The moment I came across you, I thought maybe it was destiny that I found you. But, looking now, it's not."

"Mina... I had no idea..." I became speechless.

"I know you didn't..." Her eyes seemed upset.

"I-I..."

"I don't know what to say... the only thing I have to say is that my girlfriend broke up with me... We aren't together anymore..." I felt awkward, my statement was out of place, but I honestly didn't know what to say.

"I-It was because... the moment I saw you again, I couldn't forget you. I couldn't stop talking about you, and I couldn't forget the memories we made together."

"Mina, as much as I hate to say it. I am in love with you too. But you also hurt me too much..." I admitted as she paused for a moment.

"Give me another chance, please. I know I messed up." She pleaded.

"I don't know if I could do that..." I told her.

I don't want to be hurt anymore. I'm too afraid.

"Please, trust me. Here, meet me at my house on Saturday. If you don't have fun, then you don't have to forgive me nor ever see me again." Mina proposed an idea as I gulped.

"Fine..."

What kind of situation did I just get myself into? Fuck.