39. Father's Birthday

Y/n's Pov

"You look so happy today! What happened to you?" Chaeyoung curiously asked. I was too occupied cleaning the coffee containers.

"I went on a date with Mina again... She then asked me to be her girlfriend as I said yes," I admitted as Chaeyoung loudly gasped.

"I thought you were done with her?!" She leaned in closer, curious as to what happened.

"What happened to Rosé?! You moved on so fast..." She seemed confused.

"I couldn't love Rosé, and I failed to. It makes me the worse ex ever. But I can't help it. I couldn't help my feelings for Mina."

"Things happened, and Mina and I talked about our misunderstandings. She ended up asking me out on a date, and I really enjoyed it." I caught myself broadly smiling, fondly remembering the memories of the date.

"But, Y/n. She hurt you." Chaeyoung tried to reason with me as I paused and stopped cleaning.

"I know she did... but she is owning up to her mistakes now. She knows what she did was wrong." I tried to justify her actions.

"Just make sure you are ready to have something with her. I don't want you to get hurt again."

"I know... I believe I am ready. I truly love her, Chaeyoung..." I admitted as she slowly nodded and sighed.

"I know you love her." She said before walking away.

The door to the cafe opened as I spotted Mina. She glanced at me and largely waved at me while smiling, and I did the same back.

"It's nice to see you." She told me as I began to blush.

"It's nice to see you too!" I excitedly said.

"Doesn't it hurt your wallet to be coming by every day?" I asked her as I already knew what she was going to order.

"Not at all. If it means I can see your beautiful face every day, then that means every penny I am spending is worth it." She flirtatiously said as she handed me her card. My face was burning up.

"Say, Y/n. Do you have any plans after work today?" She nervously scratched her nape as she asked me.

"I actually do... today is my father's birthday, so I will be celebrating with my family."

"Ah, I see. I hope you enjoy it!" She seemed a bit upset.

"Would you like to join me?" I suddenly asked as her eyes widened.

"Could I do that? Wouldn't it be too intrusive?" Mina worriedly said.

"Not at all. Plus, you get to meet my family!" I told her as Mina's face didn't seem happy, and she seemed extremely worried.

"Sorry, did I go too far?" I glanced down at the cash register, a bit upset.

"No, you didn't! I am just a bit worried. I want to make a really good impression on your family, that's all." Mina seemed nervous.

So is that was what she was worried about? Being able to make a good impression on my family?

"Mina, you are such a caring and lovely person. There is no way they won't love you. Trust me." I smiled at her to reassure her.

"Really?!" She happily said.

"Of course!" I happily nodded.

She's adorable. She must really care if she is worried about what my family thinks of her.

-

"Are you ready?" Mina asked as we were in her car.

"Can we stop by the store real quick? I want to buy something first." I asked her as she nodded.

We drove to the store. As we went inside, I went straight to the flower section.

I saw the most beautiful set of daises.

"These are lovely. I am going to take this one." I faced Mina as she was picking out two bouquets.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as I picked up the bouquet of daisies.

"You are going to see your father, right?" Mina asked as she took out the flower bouquet from the stands.

"Y-Yeah..." I said while glancing down at the flowers.

"Then, I want to leave a gift for him too." Mina suddenly said as I glanced up at her.

My heart began racing because of her actions, no one has ever done such a thing for me before...

"You're too kind. I'm sure my father would love it." I told her as she smiled, showing her gummy smile.

"Anything for my father-in-law," she said as it caught me off guard. She is making me become such a blushing mess!

We paid for the flowers and headed straight to my father's graveyard. Once we reached there, I led Mina to the site, holding the flowers.

I stood in front of my father's graveyard as I took a couple of deep breaths.

"Hey, dad, it's been 15 years since I last saw you in person." I talked to my father as I grabbed my flower from Mina.

"Happy birthday, dad. I hope the afterlife is treating you well. Young-mi, mom, and I miss you terribly. It's been tough not having you here with us." I admitted as I kneeled and placed the flowers on the graveyard.

"But, we are finally learning how to cope with grieving. We all love you, dad."

"I-I just wish we could've spent more time together... I wish you were the one to teach me how to drive or cook your favorite monster egg dish. Even if it tasted terrible, I still would've loved learning how to cook it." I stood up as I told him. Tears were starting to run down my cheeks.

"Here, take this." Mina leaned in closer, holding my waist as she handed me her handkerchief.

"T-Thank you..." I found myself sobbing more.

"May I talk to him?" Mina suddenly asked as I nodded.

"Hello, Y/n's father. I am Mina, Myoui Mina." Mina carefully placed down the flowers on his grave.

"I know, this is a very odd way to ask for consent. But, I want your approval."

"I want to court your daughter and one day in the future marry her." Mina's words shocked me.

"I love her with all my heart. She is the only person who could ever make me extremely happy." Mina turned to me, glancing at my eyes as she was smiling.

"If it would be alright, Y/n's dad. May I be with her forever?" She asked while still staring at me.

I gulped at her actions. It was so adorable! I wanted to squish her cute cheeks!

"Silly, he can't answer you!" I told her as we giggled.

"Of course, but it never hurts to try." She chuckled as she grabbed the handkerchief from me and wiped my tears for me.

"The things you said to my dad, did you mean it?" I asked her as she nodded.

"I did. I meant every word of it." She happily said as I couldn't help contain my smile.

"I am sure if my father was here. He would have loved you." I told her as she seemed reassured.

"Come on, let's go. I want you to meet my sister, Young-mi, and my mom." I said to her as she nodded. She let go of my waist and took my hand as we walked back to the car after saying our farewells to my father.

I have never met anyone as considerate and loving as her. This woman, she makes me happy, and I love her with all my heart.