16. Distancing Away

Y/n's Pov

Spending time with Jihyo yesterday was great. She is such an easy person to talk to and is super understanding, and she gives off a unique leadership aura.

Anyways, I wonder what joke of the day Mina will tell me to make me laugh. She has been doing this as a routine lately.

That makes me wonder, where is she right now?

It's already 7:45 am, which means she is late. Well, it wouldn't count, right? Since she is the boss after all. I'll patiently wait.

-

An hour later~

Mina arrived as I was excited to greet her. She didn't face me as I was confused as she walked by my desk.

Did she not see me?

No, I shouldn't think that. Maybe she is swamped today that she doesn't need my help. Wait, I should still tell her the schedule.

I walked into her office and saw that she was working on the computer. She didn't glance up from her computer.

"U-Uh... Mina..." She didn't respond, and it was as if she was ignoring me. But, why so suddenly? I don't think that is true, and maybe she is on her period.

"I-I will tell you your schedule for the day," I told her as I pulled out my iPad. I will try to read the schedule to her, so she knows.

"At 11:30 am today, a business client from Japan will be coming over to have a one on one meeting with you."

"Then around 4:00 pm today, the documents that will be sent towards the company in the U.S. need to be confirmed by you before sending it out."

I kept going, but she didn't respond. I wondered if she had heard me or not. The more I went on, the more nervous I was because she wasn't speaking.

After I finished, I bowed and waited for a reaction, but she didn't even remove her gaze from the computer once. What is going on? I don't get her...

I walked out of the office with my iPad, I was facing the floor. I felt pretty upset. I didn't understand why Mina acted that way.

I headed for my desk and placed down my iPad, and took a deep breath.

"Let's just relax. I am sure it is nothing," I told myself.

Since I will wait for Mina to tell me what to do, I will probably head over to Nayeon and Jeongyeon to ask them a few questions.

I walked over to them as they were talking to one another.

"Hey guys," I smiled at them as they turned to me.

"Hey, Y/n!" Nayeon excitedly said and waved.

"How are you guys doing with your work?" I kindly asked, leaning on Jeongyeon's desk.

"We are good, it's a work in progress, but we are almost done." Jeongyeon proudly said as I nodded.

"Hey, I have a random question..." I asked them as they became curious.

"Is something off with Mi- Ms. Myoui today?" I asked, and I became stiff as I realized I almost said her first name in front of my coworkers.

"Something was off?" Nayeon's eyebrows furrowed. What?

"Really? I didn't notice," Jeongyeon seemed confused as well.

"She isn't as talkative today." I told them.

Well, she wasn't smiling either, but I already know their opinions on how she doesn't smile.

"She is always like that, what do you mean? The only time she ever talks to us is to tell us off for slacking off." Nayeon said as I became confused.

"She doesn't talk to you guys about anything? Not even asking how your day is?" I asked as they shook their head.

"Never, she has never done that to us," Jeongyeon said as I was shocked.

"Does she do that to you?" I became startled by Nayeon's sudden question.

"O-Oh no... I was asking because I was wondering if I was the only one she doesn't do it to." I awkwardly chuckled. I think I managed to save myself on that one.

"I wish she were that type of boss though, the atmosphere in this building would be better if she was like that." Jeongyeon sighed.

"I bet you wouldn't even talk to her because you are too scared to talk to anyone of authority." Nayeon jokingly said as Jeongyeon slapped her shoulder.

"Yah! How rude of you!" Jeongyeon sounded offended.

I slowly backed away from those two. If I am being honest, it seems like there is some spark between those two. But, I won't be the judge of that...

From what I heard from Jeongyeon and Nayeon, Mina is like this to everyone. I am sure tomorrow she will be different. Maybe today is her off day, and I sometimes have my off days, so I am sure that's the case.

I hope so, at least...