Chapter 33 - Olivia

Megs shouting snaps me out of my daze.

My James daze.

He wanted to see me?

The look on his face right now, I don't think the alcohol is helping my desire, no my fucking need, to kiss this man.

Also, not the fact he has his hand on my lower back right now.

I take my drink off Megs who's giving me that you're-going-to-get-laid-tonight look.

I roll my eyes at her and shake my head.

~~

The night is in full swing, and I convinced Connor to give me my seat at the bar back, since I am in heels after all.

Me and Megs are sat at the bar, Connor next to Megs, hovering over her and watching her every move.

Leo is standing between Connor and James, who happens to be standing directly behind my bar stool.

Sam and Mikey are chatting up some girls at the other end of the bar.

Leo and James are talking about some kind of hockey related topic as I watch Connor and Megs.

I laugh and place my glass down on the bar.

I feel James lean down, his chest against my back.

"Jealous?" he asks into my ear.

I turn in my seat to half face him and lean on the bar.

"Jealous? Of what?" I ask.

"Connor," he replies.

"Megs has a boyfriend; I have to keep an eye on her," I reply, "I'm not interested in that player."

"Which one?" James asks as he smirks.

I can feel his body heat on mine and his intense gaze which turns my whole body to jelly.

I laugh, "both of them."

Again, me and James are stuck in a trance, not speaking but staring intently at each other as the strobe lights flicker around us.

Anddddd once again, snapped from my trance by the one and only.

"Livy! We haven't even danced yet, come on!" Megs shouts as she pulls my arm.

We make our way to the edge of the dance floor, not too far from the boys.

I glance over and see a girl chatting away to Leo, and Connor and James eyes on us.

Megs clearly notices it as well, "lets show them what we got," she whispers into my ear.

I smirk at her knowing full well she wants me to 'slutty dance' with her.

I know they are exactly the words she would use if she did say it out loud.

We continue dancing and I feel the confidence in myself.

Probably helped by the alcohol.

I glide down Megs body and do my best attempt to look sexy as I rise back up.

Megs whispers in my ear, "you sure as hell have his attention," she smiles at me.

I can't help but smile back.

Then I feel two hands gripping my ass before a large body is pushing me closer to Megs.

Seriously.

What is it with people.

"Hey get the fuck off," I shout as I turn to see this bald headed man, probably twice my age smirking behind me.

Gross.

Before I can even say anymore, my arm is in James hand as he pushes me behind him, coming to stand between me and this dude.

"Oh shit, someone's protective," Megs whispers into my ear.

"Get your fucking hands off her," James shouts.

"Sorry buddy, couldn't help myself," this dude responds, "maybe if she didn't act like a whore, she wouldn't attract the attention, dancing so slutty, she's practically asking for it," he finishes.

Before I can even feel the hurt of his words, he's being knocked to the floor by James's fist.

"James!" I shout grabbing his arm before he can throw another punch.

"I think we should go," Leo adds, suddenly appearing next to us, along with the other boys.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Megs shouts.

They make their way towards the exit, and I follow, "James, come on, leave it," I say as I pull his other arm.

We make our way towards the door and step into the hallway of the club where the music is muffled behind the door.

"Are you okay?" James asks as he pulls me back around to face him, placing his hands on my cheeks.

The look of concern etching his face.

I catch a glance of his bloodied hand, "I think I should be asking you that question."

"I don't give a fuck about that, answer my question, are you okay?" he asks, sternly.

"Yes, thank you, you really didn't have to do that for me," I reply, placing my hands on his arms which are still holding my face firmly but gently.

"No one speaks to you that way, or touches you that way, you hear me," he replies.

Megs was right, he is protective.

I can't help but feel butterflies.

"Yeah," I nod, not really knowing what to reply.

He leans forward and places a kiss on my forehead, sending more butterflies to every last nerve in my body.

"Come on, lets get outa here," he adds, taking my hand in his.