Chapter 38

<<Alvin>>

"I think I'm going crazy." I told to the void.

"You were always crazy." My brother Lewis countered back.

"I guess so." I grinned at nobody.

"What's the problem?" He asked, eyeing my expression.

"Nothing's wrong." I told him.

"Spit it out, lil' brother." 

"I met Rose." 

"What?! Where?" 

"I crept out and coincidently met Rose." 

"As if. I bet you stalked her." Eugene (My secretary) spoke up. I glared at him.

"Did you get hurt?" My brother asked while swishing out some paperwork in a matter of minutes.

"She did sock me in the face." I became honest and they started snorting. It was a reaction I expected but it still hurt.

"You deserved it!" Eugene called out. 

'Like hell you did! I told you your idea was reckless to begin with.' Zag called out.

'Yes, but it was worth it!' I called back to Zag.

<<Rose>>

The past days were very eventful. Just after we exited from hell and met Alvin, an old woman came along with Medi to Nidas's humble abode. She said that she was 'Lady Lyra Debota'. 

 She had commented on how alike I was to her nephew called Leo. I assumed that she was referring to Father and when I finally communicated through Richard with the jewel I created (With Nidas's aid), I asked about her from Father.

She introduced herself as a dark user and talked with me for awhile. It felt good to have a female presence around me. We talked about many things and about the underworld as well. She gave me and introduction on the system of 'hell'. 

   Cad and I came back to Nidas's cave soon enough. Nidas had asked me why my face was flushed but I shrugged him off. It felt like a whole new realization once I sorted out my feelings for Alvin. 

  I was happy though. Even though, I dated around a little back in my previous life, they only lasted less than a week. Most of them said that I was too 'serious'. And maybe they were right. 

 But that doesn't mean, I should be the same in this life or that I should change myself for something else. I decided to take up the final test. When I informed Erebus, he squealed at me for my bravery. I just rolled my eyes at him. Nidas shook my hand to wish me good luck. 

  Cad jumped up and down after he understood that he will be titled my 'official dragon' tomorrow. A sudden question popped in my mind.

"What if I fail?" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure you won't but even if you did, you would still be a dark user." Nidas shrugged and Erebus agreed with him. I smiled happily at the encouragement.

***

It was midnight and Erebus informed that we should travel to hell for the special day. I grabbed my visiting card and hopped on Cad. I wondered if he felt uncomfortable about me riding on him but I realized soon enough that he had the complete opposite thoughts about it.

 He explained that he was never appreciated by his peers so that finding me was like heaven to him. I patted his quirky head, lightly. 

  We jumped out on another portal and entered 'Hell'. There was a reaper sitting near a rock. He looked up and I presented the visiting card. He pointed his finger to the right, looking utterly bored.

   I followed it. Cad followed me from behind and Erebus was leading. Nidas, unfortunately, didn't come saying that Enzo might get a heart attack if he showed up. They must be best friends or something...

 A small green light glowed and guided us to a huge door. I opened it with a creek. A huge mass of reapers were focused on a platform at front. Enzo was standing at a podium. He wore some lavish clothes and next to him, there stood a figure. 

It was Lady Lyra. Or is it more like Grandma Lyra now. I chuckled at my own thought.

Erebus guided me to the middle and we stood there. I expected a full-blown speech made by Enzo during these types of situations but what actually happened surprised me. Enzo shook his fingers at some reapers who held huge weapons and mouthed something to them.

"Rose, it's great to see you. I wish you the best. You will fall into a pit of nothing in a little while and you'll understand what you need to do." He winked. That's it?! No long speeches like what a principal would do?! Okay, this is cool!

I was grinning in anticipation when the ground beneath me disappeared. Like literally?! So, this is it? You just guys go poof on me and is the deal done?! 

I expected myself to fall into some hole but apparently when I looked down and back up, the whole platform and reapers in the hall were missing. Even Erebus and Cad were nowhere to be found. Traitors!

I looked up and stared at a blinking dot in front of me.

This is it! The final test! 

Hi everyone!

-Woohoo! We are currently getting into a major part of the story. Look forward to the rest and comment on your thoughts. Feel free to leave a vote as well. Have a great day!!