Chapter 31 (Season 2)

A/N: Welcome to season 2! We reached 10K views. I'm very grateful!
Thank you all for all the support!
Hope you enjoy this new season and wish you all the very best!!!

<<Rose>>

"Peace and Harmony! Peace and Harmony! Breathe in, Breath out!"

"Excuse me!" I asked the young Inn keeper that looked like she was blowing off some steam. She didn't hear me.

"Peace...Harmony...Argh, that bastard keeps coming into my brain. Get lost, you idiotic ox!" She ranted on.

"Excuse me!" I asked a little louder this time.

"Harmony and peace! Peace---Oh---Yes? How may I help you?" Her face took a 180 degree change and formed the most sweetest smile I had ever seen. 

"Can I get some breakfast?" I gave her a small smile. I glanced around the room as a follow-up.

"Oh, I see Follow me!" She squealed out loud. I chuckled.

   We walked side by side up the creaky stairs. Some men passed by. I guessed that they were mercenaries. She walked me up to an ecstatic room.

   It was decorated with many yellow ribbons. There were about fifty separate tables. There were a few customers. I assumed they were commoners.

   I looked more carefully at the girl heading me to my table. She wore a scarf and shirt like a cowboy and wore pants instead of a skirt or dress.

   Moreover, they were of contrasting colors of blue and red. She looked unique in my eye.

"I like your scarf!" I told her, to continue the conversation.

"Really, I'm so glad. Alex just mocked me this morning for it. That bastard just..." Her face blushed even though she was scowling. She must have a crush on this Alex guy. I gave a hearty laugh.

"Anyway, are you travelling? You don't seem to be a familiar face?" She asked me the most awaited question.

"Something like that." I told her.

"Oh! I could show you around. The town is really lovely. When I first settled, I was really anxious but everyone was friendly with me. I'm sure, you'll love it here!" She declared. I gave a smile holding back my sigh. 

  In the carriage ride, Erebus and I had discussed about our future plans. Apparently, I might have to stay longer than half a year to settle the situation. Erebus was in and out of places trying to get a lead on the issue.

   It was just as Medi explained. All the monsters, who I thought I would have to fight off, kneeled at my voyage through the dust forest.

   I had changed into a commoner attire with a shirt and pants that I used for sword practice and had put on a cape I got from Carlisa.

   Along the way, I decided to change my name into Blair and change a few features.

    I asked Erebus to change my hair color to a jet-black. It made me feel more on par with my dark attribute. Somehow, it made me feel safer.

But deep down, I had another reason to it which even I didn't want to admit to myself. Finally, I had arrived at a town. 

   And here we are now. I ate a good lunch and the girl asked my feedback. I gave her a 'thumbs-up' and interpreted a chef's kiss. She giggled in glee. Afterwards, she insisted on giving me a tour.

"Here is the council office. It's pretty close to the bakery and clothing shop. Also, there is a narrow route for you to enter the weekly market to buy commodities." The girl explained.

"Hmm, the town sure looks interesting." I asked shuffling a duffel bag around me. (How did I get a duffel bag? Carlisa! She made one for me from scratch!)

    I glanced around the town scanning for suspiciousness. My eyes landed on a tall frame with yellow hair. It reminded me of a familiar manticore. I giggled to myself.

"Shall we get back? I'm actually worn out." I told her with a cough.

"Yes, yes. I'll prepare a room right away! Oh, I'm Elena by the way."

"Blair. Nice to meet you!" I almost blurted out 'Rose'. Thank god for my crazy senses

I bid farewell and walked around the city. I wished I had asked Carlisa to make a pair of sneakers. These boots are really hurting my feet.

'Shall we meet Nidas then?' Erebus chimed into my brain as always and scared me.

'You should at least come with a warning bell. But, sure. I'm a little tired.'

'Sure, sure. But, there's a problem...'

'You have no idea how to contact him, do you?' I asked, skeptically.

'Like I said, it isn't my fault. Something has blocked this area from me.'

'Shall we scream his name or something? I know its primitive but it might work...' I gave him my thoughts.

'I----' "Nidas! Nidas! Where are youuuuu?" I interrupted him by screaming with all I had and fell into a fit of giggles.

'People are going to think you are going insane!' He scolded me.

'Nah...haa...I always wanted to... do that before. It's really...fun! I have never screamed out like that and it feels sooo goood.' I told him under gasps of breath.

   I've always wanted to try things like that in my previous life but I never had the chance to and now, I think I should take full advantage of this life.

'Well...if you are having fun, I guess its fine.' Erebus snickered and encouraged me.

"Nidassss!!!!!!---

"Don't scream! My ears are bleeding." The man with the tall build approached us.

Holy crap! This guy looks like those TV models!

He had an ikemen rated face.

My mouth fell out from all its hinges and jaws. I almost squirmed. It was like this man came right out of a manhwa. Oh wait! Isn't this also a novel?!

This man had yellow hair (it isn't blonde, I checked twice) and such a chiseled jaw. My eyes are officially blessed. I think I can die now with no regrets.

Oh no, I cant die yet. I have to get my rightful place in the duchy. All of a sudden, I remembered the memories of being in the duchy.

I wonder how Alvin is doing.

Huh?! Shut up! Why did my brain think of him? I must have missed him more than I thought I would.

"Why are you gawking? Am I that handsome?" A familiar voice growled out of the super genetic man in front of me.

"Nidas!!!" I gasped out. How did that fluffy guy turn into this ikemen?!

"Yeah, don't tell me that you couldn't even recognize me! That hurts, Rose."

"You can turn into human???" I was too much in a trance to register most of his words.

"Yes. I'm the leader of the Southern borders so I have to blend in most of the time to check my areas." He informed.

I nodded my head unable to think of anything else.

"Since, we all met, why don't we get back to Nidas's house and finish up this shenanigan." Erebus formed into a black cloud of dust and hovered over me.

Nidas scratched his chin and said,

"Follow me."