Chapter 27

One day before the Crown Prince's 16th birthday bash...

The previous ominous day passed on but even Alvin pointed out that I looked funny.

He asked me if I was alright at least a hundred times today. He had invited me to his estate to have a conversation.

Meaning:- A duel to prove his skills where I, as always, kicked him out the curb.

He was no match for me. With the aid of my dark energy, I could almost predict everything Alvin would do but even he noticed that there was something off with me today.

   Though he was still annoying, he specifically ordered Chamomile Tea to be brewed for me. I was touched.

There was only one day left for the Crown Prince's ceremony. Both Carlisa and I were awaiting Lily's big entrance.

  Yesterday, after I woke up and composed myself from my small breakdown, I decided my future.

I resolved a small plan. When Lily arrives, it is sure to cause a stir in the ceremony. The Eskater duchy will be busy mingling with their emotions.

After the party, I will leave with Erebus to fix our situation and think clearly during that time.

   On that day, if my gut says to leave for good and settle after solving the problem with Erebus, I'll leave. But if I feel that I should stay and aid the duchy in my own way, I'll stay. I won't give a damm about Lily.

Since I always fawned over the male characters more than the female leads, I didn't feel much for her.

    Since I arrived here, a gnawing feeling just erupts with no warning when thoughts of Lily come by.

Suddenly, the image of the childhood Rose came into my mind. Her words of requesting me to make a wise decision echoed in my head.

What should I do?

Alvin suddenly asked me what color of a dress I would be wearing tomorrow to the ceremony. I answered back saying that I would probably wear a purple one.

The original story had described that Rose wore a sky-blue dress. So, I avoided that death flag and opted to go for a purple one. Alvin nodded his head, suspiciously. What is this guy planning?

We bid farewell and I took a carriage home. I looked back at the marvelous castle and smiled. I knew what I wanted to write in my letter to Alvin.

    I got back to the duchy, fussed around with Mum and entered my room. I sat at my desk and took some papers out with ink. Here we go!

***
The auspicious day finally arrived. Mum and I went window shopping in the capital while picking up outfits of our family for the Birthday celebration.

I was anxious but I masked it with a smile for the day. My dress had a dark purple outlook. It also contained several flower petals dyed a light purple attached to it's hem.

The dress was beautiful. There were no words to describe it. My Mum and I both had up-do hair.

We handed the ready-made dresses to each of the family members and they ran out to change. The evening sun fell and created fabulous clouds in the sky.

As usual, we took a carriage. The celebration was held in the Emperor's castle. The hall was suitably arranged. Carlisa had taken care of most of the responsibilities. The ceremonial hall was beaming with elegance.

I waved at Carlisa who was sprinting here and there. She spared a quick glance at me and nodded.

   She had worn a gold gown flowing down to her toes and it highlighted her red hair. She was sparkling glitter while I was a thick matte.