Chapter 7

<<Alvin>>

   I was on my way with Lex(My guard who adamantly refused to remain at the palace) to pick up a spear which also happened to be a birthday present for Lex himself. We arrived at the infamous blacksmith's shop. Roy was very talented in the field and his creations were even bought by foreign nations. 

   What surprised me more was to see a girl of about my age in the shop. Usually, girls are quite rare to be seen in a forging shop so this occurrence increased my interest.

"Yes , I'll be right there, sir" Roy called out. Thank god Roy didn't call me, 'your highness' at that moment. I was trying to go incognito. After a few minutes, I saw Roy coming out with a double edged sword. I'm sure my mouth hit the floor there.

"Miss, your order is done. Thank you for visiting. Is there anything else?" Roy asked, politely. Whoever this girl was, she was talented. Wielding a double-edged sword is amazing. No, astounding!

"Oh, thanks. Um...Can I see this dagger?" A familiar voice asked. I couldn't put my nose around who she was but, I could swear that the voice was really familiar.

"Sure Miss. You have a good eye. That dagger has a thin film of platinum on its handle-area." Roy replied and their conversation flew.

"Oh, I see. Can I buy it? Thanks" The lady answered. The lady reached her sword and her cloak came off from her head slightly revealing her forehead. Her hand was tiny but firm. She inspected the sword by running her fingers through the horizontal area of the blade. When it finally hit me who she was, I was stupefied. It was Lady Rose from the Eskater duchy. What was she doing here? And is the double-edged sword hers?

"Thank you. I'll drop by some other time again." She replied and giggled when Roy's ears slightly blushed when she spoke. She turned to leave. I had an urge to stop her and ask if the sword was really hers but what happened next surprised me more. She looked straight at my face and her face turned pale when she recognized me. She bowed, curtly and left in a rush. 

   How did she recognize me? I haven't ever talked to her and we have only met when my father declared the engagement for her and brother Lewis at the Celius Palace. Where did she learn how to wield a sword in the first place?   

   Roy gave me the spear wrapped in a jet-black cloth and I thanked him, wholeheartedly. When, I left the shop, I looked around to see if Lady Rose was around but I guess I was too late. Too many questions were rolling in my head which I had no answers too.

<<Rose>>

   If I wasn't careful, I would have been executed then and there. The 2nd Prince was at the weaponry shop waiting for his order. I hope he didn't recognize me. That would only make it more worse. 

   When I realized that the hooded man was him, I curtly bowed and ran out the shop. I couldn't attract more attention than what I already had. But, honestly, I won't say that I didn't like the respect from all the knights. It felt really good to be acknowledged. 

   I arrived at the duchy and crept in through a side entrance. My sword felt new already and I couldn't wait to practice with it and have a go with my new dagger. It had a translucent gem right at the edge which divides the blade and the handle. I might as well have fallen in love with it. And to honor my words, I gave it a light kiss. 

   I entered my room through a huge window and threw my cloak into my now-huge-wardrobe. I jumped on my bed and closed my eyes, intaking the sweet scent of Lavender splashed on my sheets.

"Miss Rose!!! Miss Rose. Oh, Miss Rose. What shall we do? Miss Rose!!!" A maid's scream ran through my ears. Now, what? I am seriously trying have a  rest in my life and now someone is screeching at the top of their voices?! 

   Catelin entered the room in haste and fell on her knees beside my bed. I got up, alarmed and patted her shoulder to calm her down. I asked her to tell me what happened in a gentle voice.

"Ohh, Miss Rose!!!"---She lamented, "What should we do? The head Gisella is going to fire Joyce!" She staggered. Gisella was the head maid. But, why would she do such a thing?

   I made Catelin get up and we both took slow strides towards the maid's quarters. I insisted that I should come and see what was happening to my maids. 

   When I came face to face with the huge door directing towards the maid's quarters, I took a breath and stepped inside, only to be welcomed with a sound of a slap flung towards Joyce's already red cheeks by the head maid with a scorched face. 

Hello again,

 Do you think Joyce is wrong or is the head maid just unfair? Leave your thoughts in the comment section.
Also, I won't be able to update the story as I would be taking a tiny (a very teeny-tiny) hiatus for about a week. I'm sorry about that. But, I will update again as soon as I can. (Fingers-crossed) Thank you for reading!

See you again in the next chapter!