Chapter 24

"I have a confession to make." Carlisa's voice came through the green vine bushes. I closed my mouth with my hand in surprise. She's going to confess to the Crown Prince!

"So do I!" The Crown Prince exclaimed. I saw that Alvin's ears had turned red once again.

"I'll go first." Carlisa said. She is a bold girl.

Somehow, I felt a really weird feeling. It's bad to spy on them. I grabbed Alvin's shoulder and pulled him out of where we were.

"Where are we going? We could have listened to them!" He told me, indignantly.

"This isn't the time to play those pranks. Let's just give them some space for today." I firmly told him.

"Lady Rose! Lady Rose!" A knight of the duchy came running towards me as we took an exit out of the garden.

"Greetings, sir. Lady Rose, the duke asked me to notify you that they will be leaving in a few minutes." The messenger relayed the message at the same time appreciating Alvin's presence. He left as soon as he came.

"I guess, I should call it a day. Thank you for escorting me." I said to Alvin. 

"It's my pleasure. Hope you have a good night!" Alvin wished me with his bright cocky smile.

"Well then. I'll take my leave." I wished him by sticking out my tongue. I seem to love teasing him these days.

But, his next move surprised me. He took my right hand in his and kissed the back of my palm. I promptly turned into a beetroot. Sirens went inside my head. This has never happened to me before! I don't know how to act! Isn't there a manual for this kind of situations?

    He stole a glance at me and chuckled. I regained my composure and took a silent breath. My inner demon decided to rile him up as well.

"My~oh~my, our Archduke is quite the gentle⁓man!" I said to him, He turned into an even redder beetroot. Hahahaha hahahahaha, my plan was a success!

"I should get going. Sweet Nightmares!" I called out to him, feeling a twinge of happiness and left the garden. It was a fulfilling day!

***

One month later...

Since the ceremony held for the archduke ended, many things happened. Carlisa and Lewis got engaged. It was a surprise for most nobles but for the Emperor and Countess Floria, they knew it would happen sooner or later. 

Everything was pleasant and peaceful except for one thing. THERE IS ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT FOR THE CROWN PRINCE'S BIRTHDAY CEREMONY aka THE ENTRANCE OF LILY AND BEGINNING OF THE NOVEL.

Carlisa and I wrecked our brains and noted down most of the important events. In essence, our dumb Carlisa went ahead and presented stupid plans to persuade me to stay in the duchy.

But my veins, RBCs, WBCs and platelets screamed to their nuclei's content (excluding RBCs, of course) that they needed absolute rest and to execute the escape plan or live in a dead body. I made the wise choice. The former choice they gave me.

My main reason to run away---> Have an adequate rest.

Secondary reason to runway---> Not get involved with Lily.

These were my excuses made for Carlisa.

The real reason was a whole lot worse. Since Medi informed me about how people obstruct dark magic, an anxious feeling kept popping in my mind from time to time.