Chapter 10

"I'm Blair, Nice to meet you!"

"Sorry for trying to murder you, I just couldn't stand...argh!" 

"Relax, I won't be doing anything of what you're thinking of. In any case, how did you die?" 

"The upcoming hunting competition! To hell with this damm plot!" Carlisa kept cursing on. I realized that with her position anyone would be frustrated. I really want to smack my head for not reading the preface that had all the warnings and explanations.

"You are the free-spirit type, aren't ya?" It felt good to talk to someone casually, without the crazy honor titles, whatsoever.   

"You bet I am. I'm really glad to find someone who could understand me. The princes always look like mongooses whenever I...you know" She sighed.

"Well then, let's make sure you don't die!" I said after debating with each and every one of my blood cells that pump haemoglobin and scream 'rest!' to shut up.

"What?!" She asked alarmed.

"I said, let's save yourself from dying on the hunting competition." 

"But, we don't know how I would die. The book never mentioned a reason." 

"It should be a big event of some sort. I thought I could get out of attending and rest this life but I guess if you don't die, I don't die and happily ever after?" I said sarcastically  by wrinkling my nose like an old woman stating the law. Carlisa started laughing. 

"That face was perfect for that sentence. You rocked it! Anyway, yeah, I guess your theory make sense. Then a truce?" 

"You got a friend!" I held out my hand.

"Since, we aren't adults now who work their butts off, why don't we do a pinky promise?" Carlisa said with a wink.

"So Cliché! Let's do it anyway!" I wrapped my pinky finger with hers and raised my palm for a high five. She gladly took it. 

***

   Last night, my mum (Lady Ameece) mentioned the hunting competition that was to be held next week. Everyone of the family is to be attended so I accepted that I couldn't skip. I decided to pack more of my pants and shirts than gowns and dresses and even Lady Ameece helped me out, herself. 

   To be honest, Rose had hidden a whole storage of stylish but comfortable wear to up tend her image. I felt sorry for all the sufferings her body went through.

   Carlisa and the 2nd Prince went back after staying for a few hours. Carlisa and I enjoyed a pleasant conversation. I remember the mothers looking at each other with a gleam of pride in their eyes.

   The day had finally arrived and we were getting off the carriages at the gate of the main forest of the empire. Many other carriages had arrived and some men rode horses. Lady Ameece and I got on one carriage with Robert while Richard and the Duke rode another. They had planned for all to ride one carriage but the space didn't permit the idea. Lady Ameece and the duke wore clothes to match. 

   Before the family dispersed, Lady Ameece called for me and hugged me tightly. She wasn't shocked one bit when I asked her to let me join the hunt last night but instead, encouraged me. That was a quality of a mother that I didn't receive in my previous life. My eyes threatened a few tears then. 

   Just as she let me go, she swiftly handed me a bow with the Duchy's emblem and whispered that the ribbon would keep me safe. I thanked her, wholeheartedly.

   Just as I got off, a Royal knight handed me a leaflet containing a gold border with a map of the forest. This could come in handy. A hand slapped my back the moment I shoved the leaflet in my pocket.