Chapter 24

I have decided to let Spy School at Seas happen before this book. I didn't want to make this decision, and wanted Spy School at Seas to be after this book. But then Murray's dead... Soooooo we have no other choice. Unless you want me to ignore Spy School at Seas, which I think we shouldn't do. Or restart my book series, which I don't want to do.

Chapter 24

8500 hours

In the basement of Nanyuan

We quickly tried to dodge the bullet by ducking, however the bullet was too fast for me and the bullet hit me squarely in the shoulders. Erica succeeded dodging it and was now running over to fight the bad guys, and keeping the agent that was on me distracted. I really wanted to help Erica and take out the bad guys, but I had no time.

I had to go take out the bad guys trying to open the vault.

"Ben! Take this!" Erica shouted from a crowd of agents trying to kill her.

She slid over the gun she used to threaten the premier of China.

I may not know how to shoot properly, but I certainly did know how to threaten people with a gun properly.

"Hands up or I'll shoot!" I told the people cutting the vault. They ignored me.

"Damn it Ben! Just shoot them! You can't have your morals stand in the way in times like th- arghh. Ouch you nimwit. Take some of this! And some of this..."

I tried listening to Erica and shooting, but Erica was right; My morals wouldn't let me do it. Even though I knew it was the right thing to do. So I told myself to try and miss. Knowing my shooting skills, I have a better chance to hit my shots like this anyway. So I carefully aimed the pistol for the drill and tried to prepare myself for the kickback.

I was right: I did have a better chance of hitting the operatives when I tried to miss. I hit one of the people drilling the vault right in the chest.

Now the other agent decided to listen to me and shakily put their hands above their heads and turned around, eyeing his colleague fearfully.

"Stop the drilling right now." I demanded, still shocked by my own actions. "Or I will not hesitate to shoot you too."

He took the drill out of the vault door.

"Good, now toss the drill to the side."

He threw it into a corner where pieces got bent and fell off.

I took a pair of handcuffs from my utility belt. It didn't get blown up in the plane crash because I had learned from my mistake and wore it at all times during a mission. Although, I don't have many useful things in it compared to Erica.

"Hands behind your back."

The agent obliged.

I stepped forward and handcuff him, but he suddenly swung his fist for my face. I didn't realize it quickly enough and he hit me right in the nose.

Thankfully my nose wasn't broken. Unfortunately, I dropped both the gun and the handcuff in surprise.

The gun slid across the floor as the operative and I both scrambled for it. My eyes watering, I tried to distract him with a leg sweep but he only partially tried and continued to run for the gun.

Thankfully, this was the moment Erica decided to help me once again. She threw a large chunk of the stairs - that broke from SKORPION agents being thrown into it - into the air and nailed the driller SKORPION agent right on the head and knocked him out.

I quickly grabbed my handcuffs off the ground and handcuffed him.

"You need help?"

"Just shoot, but not me!" Shouted Erica from the crowd

Erica was on one side of the crowd, so I just tried to aim for the side of the crowd Erica wasn't at. I shot the gun and the bullet hit someone right beside Erica. But I decided to screw it and continue to shoot anyway.

My second shot hit Brandon in the stomach, but he didn't notice. Like most people when they get shot.

That was when Catherine, Mike, Cyrus, Alexander, and Jessica decided to appear.

I them to "come to the rescue", but I didn't know how to do that. However, next chapter will be either the last chapter or the second to last chapter. Sad, I know I'll start a new book soon :)