Chapter 7

I'm addicted to writing poems.

Chapter 7

0630 hours

SKORPION base

Every capable fighter in our group immediately springed into action. (and that group does not include me.)

My eyes remained on Erica however, why? Well- er, because I lov- I mean care about her...

She charged into a crowd of guards and started fighting; she sidestepped a punch from one of SKORPION's goons, then turned 180 degrees to throw at another goon about to punch her. That goon immediately passed out, next she took out her pistol and shot a couple of times. All of those shot landed somewhere painful on the goons-

"BEN!" I heard Mike scream, I turned around.

A goon was trying to sneak up to me, Jessica, Mike, and Alexander. Seeing as he got caught secretly trying to capture us, he decided to just charge at us.

I simply walked to my right and pushed him behind the back. He fell forward and then I hit him in the head. He passed out. Looks like goons aren't that hard to take out.

"Wow Ben, that was impressive" laughed Mike while examining the goon I just beat up.

"No kidding" I said also laughing

Jessica smiled at me.

The battle has ended. Our team had won fair and square. At least as fair as it will get with a 4v50.

"What are you guys laughing at?" asked Zoe

Mike pointed at the goon "Ben beat this guy up" he said

"Really?" Exclaimed Zoe

"Yep, I just dodged and pushed him." I said, still laughing, I couldn't help myself.

"The classic Benjamin way." Smiled Catherine. "But we have to go before more guards come."

She led us into an emergency fire stairwell, and promptly ignored the 'for emergency use only' sign. Although, in our defence. This WAS an emergency.

The sunlight hit our eyes like someone beamed a flashlight straight into our eyes.

"Where do we go now?" I asked as I was trying to adjust to the sunlight

"We get a car, and we ask Murray if he got any hint of which famous chinese building SKORPION is operating from."

"Where are you going to get a car?" Asked Catherine

"She is probably going to steal it" I whispered to Catherine hoping to avoid a row between Erica and her mother.

I got it anyway.

"WHAT, you can't do that. Where are your morals, Erica?" Screamed Catherine.

Erica glared at me "What else can we do?"

"Walk there?" I asked weakly

"Let's just go" Said Cryus

Catherine looked the tiniest bit upset while Erica was picking the lock of a Jeep nearby.

We all hopped in the car.

"Does anyone have a phone?" Asked Zoe, she, like Erica, knew I had remembered Murray's phone number.

"No" Answered all the adults

Erica swore under her breath.

"Erica" Said Catherine sternly "You will NOT steal a phone this time"

"Said the person who is sitting in a stolen car" Whispered Erica irritably. Thankfully Catherine didn't hear it, and Erica agreed in the end.

We parked our car relatively far away from where SKORPION's base was and hopped out.

"Hey! You!" Said Erica to a poor pedestrian. "Give me your phone before I beat you up"

THe pedestrian actually looked frightened, Erica delivered her order with confidence and authority.

"O- Ok!" Stuttered the pedestrian and gave out her phone.

Erica snatched the phone and typed 1 2 3 4, and the phone unlocked. She handed the phone to me. I took it, grudgingly, and called Murray.

"Hey Ben!" Said Murray as he answered the call on the second ring.

I cut straight to the chase "Do you have any new leads on which building SKORPION is operating from?"

"Oh! Yeah, I did. I just forgot to tell you guys. I think it's an official government building. And not a monument of any kind. So forget the piang ang ken."

"It's the tian an men." I said "Do you think you can sneak into someone's office and steal some files?"

"Not unless you pay me well for it" Said Murray

"We will pay you 5 thousand for that."

"Fair enough."

"Ok, at 4AM"

Then I hung up.

"Guys? Murray promised to do some reconnaissance in the night."

We gave the phone back to the poor pedestrian and hopped back into the car.

You're welcome for updating so early, I got inspiration from- well, me.