Chapter 16

Sorry for not updating, I ran out of ideas. .-. As I did explain to some of you :)

Chapter 16

0500 hours

In the air

After the adults had calmed everyone down I tried to get more sleep. So did everyone else, so I wasn't being lazy.

Everything was going smoothly until 2 hours and 34 minutes after I discovered Zoe was a mole. Since I had my guards up I didn't get as spooked as everybody else.

"AHH!" Screamed Mike as he woke up from the second bomb.

Yep, that legitimately happened. What is my luck...

Everyone on the plane who was asleep woke up and tried to find out what happened. While everyone on the plane who wasn't asleep was one step ahead and started freaking out for the second time already.

I was pretty spooked myself, although I didn't burst out screaming like Mike did.

Erica, well, you know her, she just looked around and sighed. (🤦‍♂️)

There was ONE person who didn't realize what was happening though. It was a random person who was watching Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire (I recognized the movie.) and was wearing noise canceling headphones. He simply seemed too immersed in the movie and had his noise canceling headphones a little too well.

I located where the bomb exploded and started towards it. In retrospect that was a horrible idea, but I didn't think so then. The explosion came from the bathroom, and as I got bumped and pushed into sensible people running away from the bathroom. I was really nervous about if me and Erica had failed to disarm the bomb or if it was just a backup bomb SKORPION had planned.

I arrived at the bathroom and saw a large part of the toilet missing and lots of, um, human waste spilling out. The septic tank was visible below.

ew

I inspected the site of the explosion and the old bomb that we left in the bathroom for safety reasons. The old bomb seemed to be fine.

"Erica!" I shouted "You need to take a look at this!"

She rushed over.

"You think Zoe put the first bomb here as a distraction while she knew that we would leave the bomb in the bathroom. So the second bomb that was hidden would explode the first one?" I asked

Erica glared at me, "What part of this needs me."

"Er, well, I need your confirmation."

"I think Zoe left both bombs so that IF we defuse the first one the second one will ignite the first one. But yes, that's basically the gist of it. I think we got very lucky. Zoe messed up and made the second bomb a little too weak and far away."

That was when the third piece of explosive exploded.

It was right under us and took the floor away leaving us falling through the septic tank and towards earth.

Honestly, the worst part of it to that point was falling through the septic tank.

I looked up above us. Besides the large amount of human waste we also saw the plane's toilet blowing up.

I focused myself back to the task ahead of me: not falling to death. Instead of thinking about what will happen to my friends. Then I heard another explosion, a large one. Forcing myself not to look back up I screamed at Erica for help.

"ERICA WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW?"

"Well we are going to find some hay bales and fall in them." She said sarcastically

Great, even at this moment she still thinks it is appropriate to make jokes.

I took an estimate of how long we were falling and around the altitude we had been cruising at.

We only had about 10000 feet (3000 metres) until we would splat onto the ground below us.

Right at that moment, Erica took a parachute out of her backpack she had been carrying - for what I thought was being afraid of other people stealing it - gave it to me, then took out another one for herself.

"Alright! We only have to be around 6000 feet (1800 metres) to deploy our parachutes, which is in around 20 seconds!".

Ahhhhh, I miss doing research for a chapter for a fiction book. 😂 For this chapter I had to search for such things as: How fast an average person falls (120 miles per hour), What is the cruising altitude of an average commercial aircraft (33,000 feet to 42,000 feet), and What altitude to deploy a parachute. (6000 to 4000 feet)ANywaYs see you next chapter!