Chapter 12

Now you guys can't complain I have never given you the chance to rick roll yourselves! :D 

Chapter 12

Chinese Mall

1300 hours

We had gotten out of the Hall of Great People just fine, the security guard was still asleep. However we didn't expect buying some microphone and small cameras would be so hard. We had been searching every store in a mall near the Hall of Great People for the last half an hour, and the best thing we found was a GoPro.

"So what's the plan?" I asked after fruitlessly searching stores for an hour.

"I'm afraid we will have to either risk it and use the GoPros or spy on them ourselves." Said Catherine in her cheerful persona.

"Which one is less dangerous?" I asked, but in retrospect it was probably the wrong thing to say in front of Cyrus. Who was already in a bad mood.

"What do you mean which one is less dangerous?" He demanded "If you don't have danger in your life you should have signed up for the Academy Of Scrapbooking. Don't let me hear you complain about that ever again or I'll pull your arms off and slap you senseless with them."

I felt Erica's hand brush mine, hesitating about holding my hand. But decided against it.

"Don't let him intimidate you." She whispered in my ear.

Zoe didn't look very happy.

"Um, well, despite that I think Ben's point of view has a good point."Said Catherine as Cyrus shot her a dirty look. "We should try to set up GoPros first." she finished, ignoring Cyrus.

"Do we at least have a general idea of where they are going to meet?" Mike asked

"I'm guessing where they are going to meet is either hidden or not available to the public." I answered thoughtfully.

Erica gave me a small smile, then turned her attention back to the rest of the gang.

• • •

It's D day for our operation, we are waiting on the roof of the Temple of Heaven. We had set up the GoPros and some security cameras that stream into Catherine's phone. The last couple of days went by without anything exciting happening.

It was 9 minutes until official sundown.

8 minutes until official sundown.

7 minutes.

5 minutes.

1 minute left.

30 seconds.

15 seconds.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

"Are there anything we can spot?" I whispered to Catherine. Who was crawling beside me.

She took out her phone, and looked. "Nope"

"Aww." I was honestly getting worried we had missed something obvious in the letter, or if the date and time had some sort of deeper meaning to it until-

"I see something!" Said Catherine excitedly.

Everyone perked up and went to see what was happening on Catherine's phone.

Except me.

Instead, I was now worried about if the security cameras would malfunction. They had all been working when we tested it, but Cyrus is right. Pieces of technology could be unreliable at times.

Then some audio came up in my earbuds, since we couldn't have the phone play sound out loud we linked it up to a device that could connect to 10 devices. We all had earbuds in our ears.

"Anyone you can see?" Asked someone.

I tried to crawl closer to the phone and watch with everybody else, but since the roof of the Temple of Heaven is tilted.

I slipped.

HEh heh heh heh heh, hahahahaha. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!