Chapter 19

Long chapter wohoo! I'm watching Spider-man: No Way Home tomorrow, so now updates. (I almost wrote Spyder-man, this is what I get for writing Spy School too much.😂 ) I'll let you guys know how it is the day after tomorrow though! Or if you are reading this a long time after I update, uh. Yeah.

Chapter 19

Captured by SKORPION operatives

0230 hours

Turns out, it was me. Well, and Murray. Turns out he was awake as well, and knowing him he was probably worrying about whether we'd pay him for abandoning his post instead of how our fellow teammates have been killed.

"WE'RE LOCKED IN! ERICA, HELP!" I heard him scream in panic.

In the room next to me, I heard Erica try one of her famous karate kicks on the wall. Turns out, it was stronger than we had expected. Then, I heard knocking coming from Erica's room.

"Erica? Are you OK?"

Knock. Knock. Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Long Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Long Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Pause. Pause. Long Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Long Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Long Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Long Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Knock. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Long Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Long Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Long Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Pause. Knock. Pause. Knock. Long Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Long Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Long Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Pause. Knock. Pause. Knock. Knock. Pause. Knock. Pause. Pause. Knock. Knock. Knock. Pause. Knock. Pause. Knock. Pause.

Morse code. That roughly translated to "Use morse code, we don't want SKORPION to know our plans to escape."

And also actually translates to that, if you interpret knock as dot, knock and pause to be dash, and long pause to be a space.

I responded with "Any ideas on how to escape?". I knew those practice sessions for morse code were useful!

"Do you guys hear that knocking sound?" Shouted Murray.

We ignored him and continued.

"No, there are no windows in our rooms and the doors are-"

I heard another voice outside my bedroom "How do we deal with these kids?" Said a man with a gravelly voice.

"They have caused us a lot of damage, and ruined our reputation in the evil community. Like they did to SPYDER. Benjamin Ripley is pretty smart, if we capture both Erica and Benjamin we can force Ben to work for us. If he doesn't we'll torture Erica. Finish the Murray kid off." Said a slightly higher voice.

There was a few second pause, and then I heard Murray's door being unlocked. Murray screamed for help and then...

BANG

Murray went quiet.

My mind went blank and a shiver ran down my spine. I had expected SKORPION to do what they had just said, but not quickly. I had to make up my mind. If SKORPION were to torture Erica and for me to work for them, would I do it?

I heard me and Erica's bedroom door unlocked at the same time, revealing a masked man with a rifle and a Kevlar vest.

"Out and follow orders, failure to do so will result in your execution on the spot." It was the same gravelly voice.

I heard the same order being given to Erica, only by another man. This time with a more raspy voice.

I was handcuffed and led out of the house. It was a clear night and the stars were shining. I saw a bloody body and realized who it was. Austin. Like SPYDER, SKORPION doesn't leave any loose ends and so anyone who dares work for them will be killed.

I averted my eyes and walked on. Erica joined me handcuffed and held at gunpoint beside me.

All hope seemed lost.

I heard the roaring of a helicopter to pick us up and transport us to the SKORPION base.

Then the SKORPION agents started shooting at it. It was someone from our own team! The helicopter fired and missile and the parts of the bomb worked like bullets and immediately injured all the SKORPION agents in the vicinity and making it look as though it was daytime again.

Jessica's mother stepped out of the helicopter with bodyguards around her who sprinted to the SKORPION agents and tied them up.

Jessica's mother dressed carefully for this occasion, she still couldn't resist bringing a diamond necklace, though. She looked as though she was crying and looked 10 years older than the last time I saw her.

"Where is Jessica!" She screamed when she saw us.But with one careful look at our faces she understood what happened. "Unlock their handcuffs." She told the guards. 

One of the first things you learn in Escaping the Enemy 101 was that all they tell you in the movies and books about handcuffs are fake. There is a universal key for every pair of handcuffs in the world. Unless someone has modified theirs to require a different key. Which was what SKORPION had done. 

Thankfully Shayla's (Jessica's mother) team has brought saws with them just in case of the situation like this. Using this time, we got to talk.

Wow, 2 updates back to back. I am amazing.

Dedicated to someone, and only I know who :)