Chapter 2

Sorry for later update. I'm like 2-3 hours later. It's not much, but I keep getting distracted. (The image at the top is how I imagined Ben's room. Only there is a box on the bed, and the view is different.) Enjoy!

Chapter 2

Somewhere between U.S. and China

0300 hours

I was sleeping against Erica's shoulder, and no. It's not a dream, and I'm not dead. Since Cyrus is in first class and we are in economy class, Cyrus wasn't there to stop us. Catherine however, was in economy class, but she didn't stop us. I honestly think that she wants me and Erica to end up together. Zoe was sitting right behind me and Erica bonding with Mike. Anyways, we boarded the plane early in the morning so that SKORPION was watching airport cameras. The people who were watching it would have already fallen asleep by then, well, hopefully. We were blending in with the crowds anyway.

"Ben?"

I snapped out of my thoughts. I looked over to Erica.

"Yeah?"

"I know you love me but we seriously need to put our emotions out of this mission"

I blushed "Sure, that will probably for the best"

She smiled "I love you"

"I love you more" I whispered

• • •

We had landed in Beijing, China an hour ago. It was quite nice, people were nice to me. Although I couldn't understand a single word they were saying. Erica pretended she also didn't know Chinese to blend in with all the other tourists who were getting off our plane.

The first thing I noticed after coming out of the airport was...

"Wow, the pollution is bad here, the sky is like... grey."

(Note: I don't know how bad the pollution is in China right now since I haven't been to China for a couple of years.)

"China doesn't have as strict regulations on what kind of smoke can be released into the atmosphere, and there are more factories." (There is no fact to support that, it's a mere speculation.)

"How do you know that?" Asked Mike

Erica rolled her eyes "didn't I tell you the day when we were in the jungle? I memorised the history, geography, and situation of every country. China starts with a 'C' so it was one of the first countries I've studied."

"How close are you to being finished?" I asked

"I'm already done, I am now just reviewing. I think I'm working on Mongolia right now." She replied

"Children! Can the chit chat please! Our cab is here." Interrupted Catherine.

I got into the taxi.

"Where are we going to stay?" Zoe asked

"It's a place called the 'King's Palace'" Answered Catherine "Jessica is meeting us there."

I saw a hint of jealousy in Erica's eyes.

We arrived at King's Palace about an hour later, it was in the middle of the city. Everything about it says that it's a 5 star luxury hotel. Since the last time the CIA got us a place to live on a mission, they got us a -1 star motel. I am guessing the Shangs paid.

We entered into the lobby of the hotel. Jessica and her mother were waiting there.

"Hey Ben!" Said Jessica, then she came forward and hugged me.

She let go of me then continued "So glad we can meet again! Welcome to China!

Erica glowered with rage.