thirty three

NATASHA AND ALLURA FOUGHT THE MONSTERS SMOOTHLY. The two women had grown even closer during the Snap, and their battlefield skills proved just that.

"I still haven't seen him." Natasha told Allura, their backs together as they kicked and punched different aliens.

"You will soon, I'm sure." She replied. "Duck!" Allura ordered, Natalia doing so as the Jupiterian sent a roundhouse kick to an alien that was heading towards the redhead.

"Where the hell is h-" Natasha was interrupted when all of the aliens were sent back, no visible force pushing them away. Allura and Natalia shared a confused look, before they looked to the opposite side of where the monsters now were and smiles coated their faces.

"Do not despair, my darling." Ezekyel spoke, his yellow eyes getting teary as he observed Natalia. Her blue eyes were soft, her body rigid as she saw him for the first time in five years.

She recalled all of the nights where she had cried because of his absence, the ones where she hadn't slept thinking of a plan to get everyone back. The endless days where she had only wondered what he would say and how he would react to multiple situations, and the pointless holidays where her sister and her love were missing— and it was only her for a while.

And all she had wanted was to stare into his eyes, be held in his arms, and think: "Madame B had it all wrong. Love doesn't make you weak, it makes you strong."

Ezekyel placed a hand on her cheek when he was close to her, the woman unconsciously leaning into his grasp.

"I'm gone for five years and you manage to become even more beautiful." He wiped the blood from her lip, and smiled softly at her. Natasha chuckled.

"Maybe you should've stayed." She approached him, wrapping her arms around his neck and bringing him in for a kiss.

Ezekyel closed his eyes, leaning even more. Natasha was in slight shock that she managed all of that time without this feeling.

"I'll consider it next time."

"Don't you even think that there will be a next time, you stupid idiot." The two turned at her voice and saw Allura, who had her arms crossed as she stared at her little brother.

Ezekyel's grin widened, his eyes lighting up like a little kid as he kissed Natasha once more and headed towards the older Ljós, engulfing her in a hug.

"How could you do that? Do you have any idea how messed up everything was? And you had to vanish into dust, didn't you?" Allura rambled, as Ezekyel hugged her tightly, laughter leaving his lips.

"Ah, how I missed you, All." He chuckled. "Next time I'll ask the glove not to take me too."

"Stop it with the next time!" Natasha laughed at the two siblings, feeling a little peace in the middle of the disaster.

Ezekyel was finally back.

He was back.

And it settled everything in place even when chaos was striking from every corner.

AS NADENKA LANDED, SHE SAW THAT TONY, Thor and Steve were fighting Thanos— failing quite miserably, if she said so herself. When she saw him grab the gauntlet, her breath caught in her throat.

She locked eyes with Carol, who sent her a small nod, and the two counted to three inside their heads. They flew towards him, placing their weight on him to make him lose his balance.