thirty six

"EVERYBODY WANTS A HAPPY ENDING, RIGHT? BUT it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time.

        It had been years since Allura had gone to a funeral. Hundreds of years since she had stood with a group of people, reunited with the sole purpose of mourning and grieving a lost life.

       I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration.

       She always thought that funerals gave a particular feeling; any comments could make you laugh, or any simple déjà vu could render you speechless, and make tears roll from your eyes.

       I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back. And something like a normal version of the planet has been restored.

       Maybe she was just over analyzing everything— which wouldn't be surprising. But when she looked at everyone else, who was making small talk with silent laughter in their gaze, she realized that perhaps she was right. There was good and bad in every situation, perhaps this applied to that criteria as well.

       If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now.

       If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I mean, I would've have surprised, but come on, who knew?

       The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in.

       The team stared at the 3D recording of Tony Stark. He seemed so thoughtful, so calm, inspiring even. He was comfortable on a chair, but his gaze seemed decisive— Allura could only conclude that a part of him knew what the outcome would be.

        So, I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting in the case of an untimely death. On my part.

       Not that death at any time it's untimely.

       Everyone had tears in their eyes, Allura watching as Nadenka and Steve stood next to each other, both of their eyes on the ground but the perfect company.

       She then shared a look with Ezekyel and Natasha, who were both staring at the recording.

       This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all.

       That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig, right?

      Part of the journey is the end.

       Allura closed her eyes at his words, wiping the tear that fell from her eye as her green eyes looked for the blue that could read her like a book, and calm her like a melody.

       But not everyone was inside the house hearing the recording, and for some reason she had gotten to be there.

       What am I even tripping for? Everything is gonna work out, exactly the way it's supposed to.

       Tony stood up, and walked as if he knew where his daughter was gonna be, holding a loving eye contact that only made Morgan flinch back.

       I love you 3,000.

       And like that, the recording disappeared, and it was time for the real part of the day to begin.

       Allura observed as Pepper Potts walked down from their house, her young daughter right next to her with little to no understanding of the situation. Her brown eyes looked for their matching pair, and her innocent mind probably longed to not feel the reality of the event.