fifteen

"Mega Allt koma með okkur heim." May Allt bring us home.

"Now go, get inside." Aiyla rushed, getting both her children into their own pot and mumbling she loved them. "Ég elska þig" I love you.

Then, she closed the pods, her two children heading as far from the planet as they could, their eyes closed as they repeated the prayers in their minds. They both felt the pain and the impact from their small cases going through the gas atmosphere, temperatures going up and down repeatedly.

Until at last, the sky full of starts welcomed them, the colors of the background making them both gape and smile, their eyes closing as they wished the best for their planet, at last understanding why their mother wanted them to flee.

From here on, nothing would ever be the same.

       GETTING ON A SPACESHIP WAS completely different to how Allura remembered it— or different based on the fact that she had gotten to earth in a pod that wasn't even a quarter of the size compared to the ship she was now in.

       She was wearing the suit Shuri had made for her, the sight of the stars and the different planets reflecting in her green eyes as she observed the space for the second time in her life. Her eyes landed on Jupiter briefly, her hand going towards the glass as she admired her home.

       It was a still as beautiful as she remembered it to be; from the outside, at least. The dot was still there, characterizing her planet as the eternal hurricane the óvinir had brought to it.

       It was so strange for her, to remember herself then and see herself now.

       She had grown, both mentally and physically. And she recognized how she had a different perspective about everything. She wasn't as clueless about some things, but still she knew that she could always improve, she could always learn more. That's something she loved: the fact that knowledge was infinite and she could acquire it if she tried hard enough.

       Which she always did, for her thirst for knowledge never truly ended.

       "Okay." Rocket called their attention, Natasha and Allura sharing a small glance since they were sitting next to each other. "Who here hasn't been to space?"

       Everyone except for Allura, Thor, Carol, Bruce, Nebula and Rocket raised their hands. Pietro raised it without even paying attention, since he was too caught up staring at the view.

       "What Nadenka would give to see this." He thought.

       "You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket threatened.

       "Approaching jump in three, two, one..." And they were all shoved back into their seats, the pressure being too much to handle. Allura closed her eyes, the feeling being familiar to when she was practically free falling from her planet.

       She loved the adrenaline of traveling like this; losing the ability to move her body for a few seconds as the force worked against her. The others weren't enjoying it to much, though.

       Only Steve, who was distracting himself as the galaxy flashed in his gaze.

       And in a moment, they arrived, and the ship came to a halt as Carol put on her suit and they all put on their earpieces.

       She headed down into the planet, her abilities allowing her to. Steve, meanwhile, found himself staring at the woman in his compass.

       Margaret Carter.