seventeen

❝ I have my father's eyes
and my mother's mouth.

On my face, they're
still together. ❞

FIVE      YEARS     LATER

       TIME ON EARTH WAS SOMETHING Allura could never quite comprehend. It felt a lot slower yet faster than it did back home. She learned to see that it highly depended on the mood a person was in— if they were happy time went by faster, and if they were sad time went by slower.

       So, no matter how much energy it took, how many tears, how much pain and how much effort, Allura tried to see the positive side of the situation.

       It had been hard at first. It was disastrous and it seemed impossible to the strawberry blonde. Because her life on Earth was completely different without her soldier, and he had been taken from her faster than she could say "Bucky".

       Ezekyel, her little brother, also haunted her in her dreams and thoughts, his yellow eyes covered in sadness and disappointment. His blonde hair disheveled and his shaking body before he disappeared.

       He wasn't there with her, but the memory of him seemed to always be reminding her of their loss.

       Her daughter had been in space for the first couple of years, gaining back her strength, discovering and working her immense power that only she could hold and only she could truly control.

       So, for a while, she suffered in silence and learned that the poker face was her biggest ally. She read, she analyzed her emotional situation and when she was ready, she became who she was always meant to be.

       She gathered her people, the eighty-eight jupiterians who had landed on Earth and she took care of them as best as she could.

       They had a small piece of land in Iceland, where they lived day after day, and slept through the night. She set up jobs for them, so that they wouldn't bother the humans too much.

       She organized them small houses where they could settle— which was an easier task since there wasn't any kids (apart from Jordan, of course, but she really didn't consider him a kid because the situation had made him extremely mature, and the now seventeen year old was hardworking and intelligent— and had a slight passion for pranks).

       And Allura had been respected, and thanked more than she could ever have imagined. She lead a simple life with her people most of the time.

       ... But not all of it.

       Whenever she had time, she would visit the Avengers Compound; mostly to see how Steve was doing since the two had grown quite close, and to check on Natalia. The redhead had been crumbled ever since the snap. Her time meant nothing to her if she wasn't finding ways to bring everyone back and her life was pretty much dedicated to looking for solutions by now.

       She was wreck without Ezekyel and it showed.

       Just like Allura was a wreck without James.