ten

DEATH. THE END OF THE life of a person or organism.

       It sounds so simple. The body stops working, it fails, it shatters, it crumbles, it stops being.

       So simple. So painless.

       Right?

       Of course not.

       Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints. Death comes for everyone eventually, and it can happen at any moment.

      What the fighters of this battle did not expect, was for it to be so soon.

       They fought with everything they had. They gave it their all. They were good. And good was supposed to triumph over evil. That's how it was; good manages to find a way to defeat everything that's wrong.

       Unfortunately, most of the time, it doesn't happen that way. It happens like this:

       Dust dances in the air along the wind. Beautifully, one would think. But one who knows, would just weep. The dust is people, people who fought with strength and determination. People who gave their lives for a cause.

       People who are now gone.

       "What did you do?" Thor asked, his blue eyes wide and angry. "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

       But in no time, Thanos was gone, leaving behind the axe he had almost been murdered with.

       Almost.

       "Where did he go?" Steve asked. "Thor. Where'd he go?"

       Allura felt the roots around her being removed and she looked up to find her brother, who was staring at her with a sad gaze.

       He had already seen the body of his niece. He had seen the lack of life within her features that once held so much light and curiosity. The biologically two year old who had grown in a matter of months, was now gone.

       Pietro woke up slowly, his mind fuzzy as he stood up. His eyes looked around before they landed on the sight that he never thought he'd see.

       His love, lying on the grass next to a broken flower. Two broken flowers in a bed of green grass. He heard a cry escape his mouth as he rushed towards her, James, Ezekyel and Allura doing the same.

       Allura fell to her knees in front of her and caressed her cheek, tears streaming from her eyes. James placed his hand on Allura's shoulder, not daring to kneel next to her because he knew he would break even more if he did.

       The team was scattered around the place, looking for their meeting point and trying to find it as fast as they could.

       They wanted to know what the hell had happened.

       Everyone was hurting. Everyone was broken and defeated.

       But they didn't realize which new reality had struck, that Thanos' utopia would soon come and it would be their true end.

       Wanda felt an odd sensation course throughout her. She tried to stand up and get to her brother but she wasn't fast enough, and her body faded into nothing more than dust.

       Pietro's eyes widened as he looked at where his twin used to be, his head shaking as he ran to where she was just a second ago.

       "Wanda? WANDA!?"