Ch.47 Holding On

Rozemyne's pov: 

'Rimuru?' I thought to myself after seeing what had just happened, I could feel a small flame of complete rage building up in my stomach. 'He can't be..' I denied what had just happened, I could only see the demon lords in the barrier. They all seemed eerily calm, and it fed into my rage. 

I thought at the very least Milim would blow her gasket, but she was just sitting there, intently watching the spot where Rimuru had just been. I could not understand the expression on her face, it seemed to foreign at the moment. I could only see with my eyes, as my perception skills were not good enough to see into the barrier with them. 

The feeling of heat again, those little sparks around my hand and the rush of wind at my back. All of it came back to me in an instant, it was even more extreme than Walpurgis. I could feel my aura go completely out of control for several seconds, before someone grabbed my hand from behind me and yelled something loudly. 

Before I could push the person away, he grabbed the bracelet from my sleeve and forced it onto my wrist. All at once my aura completely disappeared. I could finally hear what he was saying, "You need to calm down!" It was Ferdinand who had been screaming at me for a few second now, and was finally able to get the bracelet on my hand again. 

It seemed both Hinata and Gazel were also standing at attention around me, having shielded the archduke family from the brunt of my aura's effects while Ferdinand made it stop. It seemed Florencia was holding onto Charlotte and Melchior while Sylvester was holding onto Wilfried. 

I very sorely wished I could cry,  but I still couldn't. Simply staring up at Ferdinand now while waiting for anything,  any kind of response,  reconciliation. Anything at all really.

I saw the yellow barrier fall next,  before anything could happen.  Guy was walking toward me slowly,  while seeming to smile a bit. It definitely sent a shiver down my spine and made my cheeks feel cold.

Ferdinand stepped in front of me,  only to fall over moments later at the demon's aura. 

The next person to attempt something was Tuuli,  jumping in front of me while brandishing  Nahenlicht. It seemed she had been approaching me for some time, though she too was immediately toppled over by the demon's aura. Getting a little bit of blood falling from her nose and mouth as she did so.. It made me immediately regain my anger. 

Holding up my hand I let out a bolt of lightning,  pouring well near my limit into it.

The lightning simply bounced right off the skin of the demon as he smiled brightly,  with his peircing crimson red eyes staring almost into my soul. "Good try." He said simply.  He held up his hand and flicked me on the forehead,  it caused an immense pain to shoot through my face while not outright hurting me.

I then saw a pair of midnight blue scaled wings spread put in front of me,  while there was a crimson horn an pink pig tails on the figure. She was taller than I had seen before and seemed to have a completely serious expression for the first time I'd ever seen.  Her jet black armor seemed to almost shimmer a bit as she stood there. "You know full well he didn't die,  don't touch her." Even the way she spoke had changed. 

Guy seemed to get a little surprised for a moment,  leaning back and letting his arm fall. "You caught me,  haha.  Alright,  alright. We'll give him a few minutes. For now though." After saying this he snapped his fingers and a magic circle formed below me,  and then proceeded to bind itself around me before disappearing.  It felt sort of like when the magic circuit formed with Luminas, but a different attribute of magicules was being used.

Milim scoffed just a bit,  but seemed to ignore it afterward. She was once again staring intently at the place Rimuru had disappeared from. 

There was a bit of movement and a small pool of slime formed on the ground,  very small. It was at most less than a pint of the viscose liquid that made up Rimuru's body. Promplty after it formed a lot of black and purple mist formed around it and out was launched Rimuru,  who was looking a bit worse for wear.  He was having difficulty maintaining his human form for a moment before settling and recalibrating his aura to be the same as it was before and repairing all the damage to his clothes,  as if nothing had happened. Though he was now concealing his magicule capacity so I assumed there was a cost to this trick,  that just wasn't immediately visible.