Ch.9 Not A Bad Demon Lord

Rimuru's pov: 

I felt all my power flow back into me as I woke up. Actually, more than all my power, I felt great really. It was way more than I had before, I'd need to ask Great Sage how much later. 

<Your skill [Great Sage] has evolved into the Ultimate skill [Raphael: Lord of Wisdom.> 

Woah, woah, That is so cool! Also you are speaking more fluently now! 

<It is just your Imagination.> 

As I was talking to [Raphael] I noticed Shion was holding me and I looked up to her. I moved slightly, then bounced and this alerted her. "Haha! Full recovery!" I shouted proudly as I looked around and saw a lot of people waiting for me, though in the corner of the square I noticed the group from Ehrenfest. I'd talk to them in a bit, though that Myne looks different from what Soei had showed me. 

The first one to talk to me was Benimaru, with a sly grin. Oh no, not here. "Shion's cooking.." He trailed off waiting for me to finish it. Though, before he could continue he was suddenly wacked in the head by the older girl of the group from Ehrenfest. 

"Sensei, no." She had wacked him in the head with a wooden practice sword, and what's this? Sensei? Something must have happened in the last few days I was unaware of. Though right now that wasn't important, she was my savior! 

Benimaru sighed and nodded, "later then, Rimuru-sama." He then kneeled to me as I was entering my human form. I simply placed my hand on his shoulder and motioned for him to stand up. 

<The name of the girl is Tuuli, she is older sister of Myne and daughter of Effa.> 

'Thank you, Raphael-san.' I thought to Raphael. As I looked toward her, she seemed, annoyed? I did wonder why for a moment. 

"Not only my sister got taller, but you got taller too! That is just cheating, monsters aren't fair. I can't just get taller like that." She said it in an annoyed tone, though she was clearly just making light of the situation. 

I just stood there sorta bewildered, she had clearly gotten pretty friendly with several of the executives as they seemed used to her actions. While for me it was actually sorta interesting, having someone who was just completely honest with me. To this I smiled, and then looked toward my citizens. "Prepare for a feast! We will celebrate tonight, we have fended off and invasion and brought our comrades back from death itself!" I tried to say it in a noble tone, though my normal bubbly tone leaked through pretty easily. 

After this I looked over Benimaru who was standing next to me, had he evolved? He looked way stronger than he was before, that was for sure. "Hey, Benimaru, did you evolve from my harvest festival?" I was sure that had to be the cause, since really anything else would not have made sense. 

To this it was Tuuli that rushed to answer before Benimaru could himself, she clearly wanted to talk to me. "Sensei evolved from a kijin into a Fair Oni, apparently. He is really strong now. I have a better question for you though, why did my sister become a monster?!" She was posing the question to me like I would know the answer, wait Myne became a monster? 

<Affirmative, Individual, Myne, has evolved from a human to a demi-spirit. Though this is was not caused by your harvest festival, instead it was caused by her soul being separated from her body after death, and getting bombarded with the aura of a currently unknown demon lord.> 

Woah, woah. A demi-spirit? I thought humans could only evolve into sages and saints after intensive training and heroic actions! 

<Negative, demi-spirits, while rare are another evolutionary path for humans, though instead of being caused by training and fulfilling trials. It is instead caused by magicule bombardment and repeated magicule poisoning, along with a list of other requirements, such as: Ego retention, formation of a spiritual body, and high magical aptitude by human standards.> 

So, essentially dying and not losing her mind let her become a spirit? Or, at least half way in-between a spirit and a person. 

<This inference can be considered correct.> 

So it isn't my fault! Great, that would be hard to explain if it was. It isn't though so I just need to say that. Good thing when my thoughts trail off like this [Thought Acceleration] engages. Wait, woah! Things are moving way slower than they did before when I was in [Thought Acceleration]. 

<This is because [Thought Acceleration] has increased dramatically in potency from a factor of one thousand times to a factor of one million times.> 

How do I even use that! Ah, ignore it. It is not important right now. 'Please disable [Thought Acceleration], Raphael-san.' I thought then turned to Tuuli. "The cause for that would be her death and her high magicule count, it wasn't anything I did." I left out the part about the unknown demon lord since I didn't know the details of that myself. 

This answer seemed to satisfy Tuuli. She had run back to the group, though she then quickly came back with Myne. 

Myne looked at me, solidly in the eyes. "Thank you." She said this simply, and assertively. She was clearly pretty grateful though. She seemed to twiddle her thumbs a bit before continuing. "I don't know if I'd be accepted back in Ehrenfest, so.." She trailed off while staring off into the void, then refocused on me. "Can I stay here? Can my family also move here?" She asked in the most polite way she could, staring up into my eyes with her own golden eyes. 

I looked away for a moment to build up suspense. "You are a walking CALAMITY, and have the rash decision making of a child..." I trailed off while teasing her softly. Though really I had already made my decision. "So how could I let you go anywhere without someone to supervise you!" I said this, accepting her request. Though it was partially true, she definitely needed supervision from someone at least on her own level. The consequences of an outburst from her would easily destroy a town or city. From what I had seen so far, I doubt she would, but just to be safe.