Ch.11 Walpurgis

Rimuru's pov: 

Sitting in my office, waiting for the Walpurgis to come. It was actually sorta relaxing waiting for something after the rush of the last few days. I had totally evacuated Eurazania and had already sent my army there. Along with that I had been training a bit to refine my new power before I left for Walpurgis.

Currently Shuna was preparing my outfit, fitting it for me and finishing it. Really I was the best possible thing to experiment with since you never needed to remove an outfit from me. So there was no reason not to have normally impractical fits. 

Veldora and Ramiris were sitting on the couch, I struck up a conversation with them about the demon lords to get all the information I needed. It didn't take too long, of course. 

Myne and Tuuli were sitting on the couch opposing the one Veldora and Ramiris were on. Myne was disappointed to be unable to come with me, though it was for the best. I knew she was probably older than she appears if my suspicion was correct, but she still had the rash decision making of a child. Many of the demon lords do as well, of course. They have the power to back it up though, and while Myne was certainly strong. She wasn't Milim. 

Soon I got the message from Soei and Shuna asked to go with them, I decided to allow it. Though I was a bit worried, I think Myne and Tuuli would be fine with Haruna and Veldora. Veldora is strong enough prevent any issues, and Haruna is responsible. 

Soon it was already time to leave, I had taken Shion and Ranga. Ramiris has taken Treyni and Berretta. So we walked into the portal and Walpurgis had begun.

________________________________________________________________________________

Myne's pov: 

Rimuru went off into the portal almost 15 minutes ago. I was incredibly worried for him already, I knew he was strong. Was he as strong as the other demon lords though? Luckily I had an idea. I saw that Veldora was getting near the end of his current manga, and I knew the next chapter wasn't here. It was a perfect way to get him there to make sure Rimuru would be fine. 

I walked over to Veldora and sat next to him. I glanced up from the novel I was reading and I made my comment. "Hey, Veldora-san. I think you are about to finish that, but that isn't the end. Do you have the next chapter?" I asked him, while keeping my tone of voice innocent and immature. 

Veldora looked up, from the last page. I assumed he had just finished it. "Now that you mention it... I don't have the next chapter. I'll need to ask Rimuru for the next one, he is at Walpurgis though." He seemed very disappointed, which is exactly what I was hoping for. 

"Well.. Why don't we go to Walpurgis to ask him for it then? Before we go though.. I want you to teach me a strong spell, you are good at magic, right?" I wanted to make sure I was prepared, I hoped to go too, but I wanted to know something big I could use as a trump card. 

"Kuahahaha! Of course, the true dragon race is the embodiment of magic! I know many spells."
Veldora was smiling brightly and boasting while puffing his chest out. He was sorta endearing, ya know? 

Luckily at the moment Tuuli was out of the room with Haruna, they had gone to go and make a new dress  as practice for Tuuli. I knew neither of them had great perception skills, so luckily me and Veldora had a bit of privacy. 

I stood up and walked to the center of the room. "how about we practice by making a small version?" I had learned this from Shuna, it was very useful to make a smaller scale version of your spell when first learning it. This way you could make sure it was safe to use before ramping up the scale. 

He did his three stage laugh and walked beside me. Then he put his hands together. "I will show you a fairly easy, but powerful spell." He said, and then I saw a barrier that looked like a tube form in his hand. "First, you make a barrier to contain the magicules, then, you form small orbs of them, and make them denser, and denser." He demonstrated, by forming 3 little blue orbs inside the tube barrier, I realized that the back of the tube was also covered by barrier. Was this sorta like a gun? 

I tried to replicate the motion, but he swatted my hands down, it seems like replicating it without knowing the full spell is a bad idea with him having the first serious face I'd ever seen from him while doing it. 

"Not yet, wait until you know how to do it first." He said simply, then continued. "Once the balls of magicules reach a critical point where they can no longer get any denser, you quickly force them all together, and to the back of the tube." He demonstrated this, and as he did so, a small, but still very powerful blast of magic shot out of the tube, before it could get any further though he caught it and stopped it with his hand. Then he looked to me, "Now that you understand the basics, you can try. I will stop it if anything goes wrong." He was oddly good at teaching, it really didn't seem like he would be before, but he actually was. 

So, I started. Forming the barrier a longer and thinner version of the one he formed, as I wanted to try to increase the velocity. Then I made 6 little golden balls of magicules. I started compressing as many magicules as I could into them, and when I could feel they wouldn't accept any more, I slammed them all into eachother at the back of the chamber. 

The result was a thin golden beam of energy that was move very fast, and it shot right into Veldora's hands, where he caught it. He then gave his signature three stage laugh and picked me up proudly before spinning around. "You learn very fast, little spirit!" He said proudly before setting me down. It was honestly a little embarrassing, but also pretty wholesome. 

I smiled brightly up to him, then held my arms up in the air. "Let's crash Walpurgis to get your book!" I said it in an excited way, I knew he was probably already on board, so I trusted him now. 

He smiled and raised an eyebrow. He then chuckled a bit. "I am not totally clueless you know?" Oh no! He knows! He then laughed loudly again. "Luckily I think it's a great idea, I will call one of Rimuru's subordinates to watch Tempest, and we are going to Walpurgis!" He announced proudly.

The moment he said that the demon, Diablo, appeared in the room. "I think I will suffice, and while Rimuru-sama certainly is great. I can't say I am not worried for him myself. " He sat on the couch, and stared at us. Essentially giving us the go ahead. 

I looked to Veldora and grabbed onto his outstretched hand, and we then disappeared. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru's pov: 

I am about to die! Dead die! More  than die! Milim's fist was flying straight for me, and all I could do was watch in slow motion as it flew toward me. Every moment it got closer to me I felt closer to death, though this one would be faster than my last. I had no time to ruminate this time. 

Just as the fist was about it collide with me I heard a loud yelp, and when I opened my eyes to see what had happened, Veldora and Myne were standing there. Milim's fist had slammed into the back of Veldora's head and he started whining immediately. 

Milim jumped back to assess the new situation and her face stayed the same expressionless one with dead eyes. 

Myne immediately ran to my side. "I knew it! You almost died just now, didn't you!" She was yelling at me, with her face having a genuine look a worry while her aura raged around her causing her hair to lift up. 

I stepped back and assessed the situation quickly, though before I could say anything more Veldora interrupted me to tell me he wanted the next chapter of the manga he was reading. I promised it to him if he distracted Veldora. For now though I had to calm down Myne. 

As her emotions raged her aura manifested spells around her, lighting, fire, water, wind. She was like the eye of an elemental storm. She had tears on the edge of her eyes that had nearly completely been shrouded by the blue engulfing the golden. "You can't die! You are the only other person I know from my old world!" She just confirmed my suspicions. 

I slowly walked up to her, through the spells. Then I put my hand on her shoulder. "You know, there are others?" I said softly, then chuckled a bit. "That was really sweet though." I smiled to her as I said it. 

Her aura immediately calmed down, and she pulled me into a bit of an awkward hug. I suppose I had brought her back to life, though. I lightly held onto her shoulders. Then stepped away. Watching as each of the spells that had manifested inside of her aura either dissipated or fell to the ground. 

"I really do need to teach you how to control that, you stick out like a sore thumb you know?" I then looked over the battlefield. "You said you wanted to punch Clayman, right?" I laughed a bit at the idea. We then walked through the battlefield, saving the nine-head, then admiring Berretta's performance against Viola. Then we got to watching Shion fight Clayman. 

As we approached the fight, she looked at me and smiled brightly. "I actually have something better, Veldora taught me." She announced a bit proud of it, I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Though we were pretty firmly in control of the situation now, So I allowed it with a nod. 

"Shion-san! Get him to stand still!" Myne said, then I saw as she formed a large barrier into a tube, and formed 5 large balls of magicules inside, slowly ramping up the density. The barrier was around 145mm in diameter. 

Shion complied with the request while smiling since she knew this was gonna be a show. She threw Clayman into the air before jumping and kicking him into the ground with a loud thud and cracking sound. Clayman had already entered his monster form so I suspected it was his carapace. 

Myne was satisfied with this, and poured a large portion of her magicules into the dense balls of magic and had a strained look on her face as she got to her limit for how dense they could be. Then she willed the balls of magicules together and shouted, "Nuclear Canon!" though she didn't need to chant to cast any spell, it was still thematic. 

As she shouted the barrel of the spell roared as it let forth a massive blast of raw magic energy. The blast moved faster than the speed of sound and collided directly with Clayman. A scream of agony could be heard as it horribly burned him and left several of his limbs missing. Though he was still able to stand, he was tougher than I thought. 

Myne puffed out her cheeks and stared off indignantly, "How is he still standing!" she also shouted this. Though now her tone was annoyed instead of joyful. She stomped on the ground a bit before looking away. "I'll leave the rest to you I guess, I am spent." was the last thing she said. 

It was at this point that Clayman started talking. Actually no, yelling at the top of his lungs as he was heaving for breath at the same time. "Milim! Activate [Stampede], kill all these insects!" was what he yelled. Though something I wasn't expecting happened. 

Milim gained a joyful expression and then giggled while she said, "Why would I do that?-Noda!" She then flew down with Veldora and smiled proudly. "Did you really think this little toy could control me?!" She said as she threw the extra necklace she was wearing to the ground. She then went on proudly about what she had to do to pretend to be controlled. 

After this Carrion revealed he was also not dead, and was simply disguised as one of Frey's attendants. I was surprised by this and I thought I heard Raphael was exasperated with me. 

Milim then flew over to Myne, "That was a really good attack-noda!" She said as she lifted Myne into the air. I kinda suspected Veldora and Milim had had a mental conversation about her while they were fighting. "I'd definitely say you could be a demon lord!" She announced proudly. 

Myne tried to push Milim away a bit while blushing from being carried by someone she didn't know. "Stop! Stop! I don't want to be a demon lord, I just wanted to prevent Rimuru from dying!" She shouted as Milim finally complied and set her down. She then looked over to me, her face saying "please explain!" as she was standing there. 

At this point Guy's barrier had gone down and the space shrunk back to normal size. I suppose he had seen enough. Clayman was lying on the ground now, unable to even stand anymore. 

Though as we were talking, Clayman ascended into a true demon lord, just as planned. Then we fought and I absolutely destroyed him. I used [Though Acceleration] to extend his suffering and break him before finally absorbing him and walking back into the group of people at the edge of the room. 

It was after this that I had been accepted as an official demon lord. After, Carrion and Frey both stepped down, and decided to serve Milim. Frey was pretty confident Myne could have killed her with that attack as her reason, and Carrion said he couldn't compare to me as his.

After this, Guy brought up that the group needed a new name. He put the decision on me and pestered me about it, going so far as to tease me directly. I finally relented and offered the name: Octogram, The Eight Star Demon Lords. 

Everyone seemed satisfied by the name and so it was accepted. Then all of us were reintroduced by Rhaine and Mizari. After that the Banquet itself started. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Myne's pov: 

I was standing next to Rimuru as he was talking to the rest of the demon lords while eating. I had my nose buried in a novel again, happily. Veldora had done the same with a manga of his own. 

Though something was annoying me, a lot. I glanced up to see that Guy was staring at me and shivered. burying my nose back into the novel but not reading. Instead I had begun thinking. What did he want with me? He really is scary, he's obviously one of the strongest in the room. I stepped back behind Rimuru and leaned against his chair from behind it to avoid the demon's gaze. 

Luminas has already had her identity revealed, though I knew who she was the moment I saw her. I didn't say a word. I wondered if I still needed to hide it? Maybe I should just ask her. Well, I suppose I have nothing better to do. From one creepy demon lord to the next! 

I used [Thought Communication] and started trying to contact Luminas. Once she realized it was me she allowed it, otherwise I would have just been blocked out. I assumed she didn't like being bothered. 

Though before I could think anything to her, she thought something to me, 'You became a demi-spirit I see, I'd suggest avoiding Guy. He has a particular dislike for your kind, though I am not sure why.' To that I shivered. How had I already pissed off one of the strongest demon lords! All I did was exist! ;-; Really I needed to find a way to hide my species, apparently it gets too many gazes. I don't like the attention! 

After sulking for a moment in my own pity, I then started sending messages to her. 'Do I still need to hide you identity and that I know you?' I thought to her as I slumped down and was sitting on the ground. While the floor was cold I didn't really notice since I had elemental resistance. 

She responded to this pretty quickly. 'No, but I don't want to tell anyone about our meeting. The only one you are allowed to tell about that is Chloe, if you meet her. She told me about this Rimuru.' Ok, so. I had to remember the name Chloe. That shouldn't be too hard. 

I then asked my next question, it was my last one. 'Is there any specific information you want?' I kinda knew she was stronger than Rimuru right now, instinctively. Though I did think it wouldn't be long before Rimuru caught up to her. 

She was quick to respond, 'Just tell me what you know about the slime's intentions.' That was a fairly easy request to answer, Rimuru basically repeated the same lofty fantasy every time he made a speech. Really he isn't a very good leader, but monster's seem to really respect the strong. I had found myself doing it instinctively, even. 

I simply explained to her what I had heard him say many times now. Really she didn't need me to find this out, she seemed to think it was funny. No, maybe she thought it was cute actually. It wasn't really clear. Though after this we both cut off [Though Communication]. 

It was some time into Walpurgis when Ramiris suddenly got up out of her seat and flew over to me, more attention? Why.. She was quick to stand on my shoulder like she owned it and began speaking hurriedly. "Avoid Guy! He really doesn't like demi-spirits and it may or may not be my fault!" She whispered into my ear, though he tone made it seem panicked.

I had already heard from Luminas, though know it was her fault sorta annoyed me. It caused my aura to flare a bit in annoyance as a small spark hit Ramiris.

 It wasn't enough to hurt her but it did make her flinch shake her head a bit to regain her senses. She puffed out her cheeks angrily, "That was rude! I am just trying to help you!" she whispered into my ear loudly. It was true though, I regretted it a bit. 

Though this Aura was really hard to control, it just casted spells all the time. When I get excited, angry, sad. Anything really. It had been a big hinderance to me living normally. Though Rimuru had said he would help me with it after this, so that was good. 

After I clasped my hands together and bowed my head a bit to Ramiris as an apology she was satisfied, and flew back to her seat. It seemed no one, except Guy, had noticed her talking to me. 

I was a bit frightened Guy had noticed, but I quickly hid back behind Rimuru's chair and sat on the ground again. It wasn't long until Walpurgis ended. I was happy to have brought Veldora here and getting to attack Clayman. Though this was definitely a pretty frightening experience. It seemed I had already formed some sort of relationship with five demon lords. At least four of them were good, but the bad one wasn't my fault! Though at least I had fifty percent of the Octogram on my side, if it ever did come up to a vote or something like that, I only needed one more on my side. 

Sometime after this, Walpurgis ended officially and we all had left back to Tempest. 

________________________________________________________________________________

--3373 words-- 

--While performing relatively simple spells is very natural to Myne, more advanced spells that require a lot of complex components are difficult for her to do as her emotions can interfere.--

(AN: Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I made sure it was a long one since a lot of it was summarizing what happened in the original. Please comment any suggestions or criticisms. Also, please vote if you haven't, it helps spread my story to more people. If it works out well, all of you could get more people to talk to, to make the comments more fun! Seeya'll next time. )