Ch.46 Primordial Demon

Tuuli's pov:

Sitting the way Rozemyne had instructed me to, I sat somewhat away from anyone else. This was mostly because the knights with the exception of Karstedt and Lampecht refused to talk to me. There was a few other exceptions, but it was hard to be near them without being near the others as well. 

I sat like this for some time, watching Rozemyne from a distance to make sure she would stay safe. Though I did begin to pick up on a conversation near me, unfortunately it was something I had yet to learn to avoid without turning off [Magic Sense] all together. That was not something I was comfortable doing, now that I had it though. It made me feel very safe. 

The conversation was between Lamprecht and a young man they looked very much like him and Karstedt, with dark green hair and blue eyes. His build was more muscular than Lamprecht and he was additionally taller. He asked a simple question to Lamprecht with a momentary glance over to me, "What is it you see in the commoner? I heard she defeated both you and lord Wilfried, but I have a hard time believing that based on her mana capacity." 

This conversation was the first one where I was the topic, so it was the first thing to draw my attention away from Rozemyne. I shot a glance over to Lamprecht. I let my gaze rest on him for a few moments to listen to how he'd respond. 

Lamprecht stuttered for a few moments before calming himself down and sending a glance over to me, his eyes saying "please help?" I kept waiting for him to start, before doing anything. Finally he spoke, "It is true, she has a very powerful weapon and is at the very least faster than me." Lamprecht managed to say. 

"Hm? A powerful weapon? I heard during the duel you both used practice swords, was I misled?" The young man asked while crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow, seemingly confused. 

Karstedt leaned toward the young man from next to him for a moment and whispered something, "She seemed to be able to channel mana from the weapon to use even while wielding the practice sword, and supplement her own capacity." He explained my little trick, more or less proving to me he had [Magic Sense] or some other form of sensory skill to see magicules. 

At this, I stood up. I walked over to Lamprecht casually, and sat one space away from him. I started speaking in response to what Karstedt had said, in a low tone. "It was something inspired to me by Milim-sama, following my spar with lord Wilfried." I explained with another glance over to see a relieved Lamprecht. Then, I asked him an important question. "Who would this be?" I asked with a gesture toward the young man. 

Lamprecht took a moment, long enough for the young man to introduce himself before he could do it. "I am Eckhart, eldest son of Karstedt. I'd be the elder brother of Lamprecht there." Eckhart explained who he was pretty promptly, but made sure to reaffirm he was the older brother of Lamprecht. I had suspected this being the case, though I wondered where he had been before. 

A question which Lamprecht answered shortly afterward, before I could ask. "He only arrived in Tempest earlier today while you were still assisting Lady Rozemyne." 

"I see." I said promptly, while looking Eckhart over. He was in a very nice blue noble outfit, and did not have any armor plating. This led me to more questions considering where he was, but I did not ask just yet. I assumed he had questions for me first considering the apprehensive look on his face. 

After a moment of waiting on my part,  he asked a question. "Do you know what a skill is?" Honestly the question was a little insulting on one hand,  but on the other I did not know what a skill was before I came to Tempest.

"I don't think I could say I've been living in Tempest for several months if I did not." I retorted while trying to avoid getting insulting.

"Hm. I suppose. Do you have  any?" He responded moments later,  seeming not to have taken outright offense,  but more a twitch of annoyance.