Ch.37 Nuclear Canon!

Rozemyne's pov: 

Walking in this space felt familiar, I guess. Though we used the doors that were labeled for staff, they appeared to take you to the lower floors immediately. The floor we appeared on was the the seventieth, which currently was not detailed. It appeared to simply be a grass field lacking anything else, though there was a pile of stones and a small hut. The spatial effects of the labyrinth really were something. 

Milim walked into the hut, and when she walked out she was followed by Ferdinand and Adalman immediately. They seemed to be doing something together before this as there was a small glow of a magic circle from the hut. When I pried with my [Magic Sense] I could not see past a certain point, telling my there was a barrier there. 

It seemed the wight was rather regal with Milim, and said this to Ferdinand "Sorry to cut our time short, It seems Milim-sama would like your assistance." He talked like a priest I had just realized, it made me more curious of his past. I wouldn't ask though. 

Ferdinand seemed mildly annoyed for a moment, but he was quick to simply ignore it and move on. "I'll be back later. Your project is very interesting." Was his reply before he walked over to the group, with Milim. 

I remembered something once everyone was here, though it left me happy. I really didn't trust Milim's measuring up of my older sister, and was worried she'd get hurt if she fought Wilfried or Charlotte. They had a lot more magicules, after all. 

"Veldora already went to pick up your sister." Milim commented to dash my hopes immediately after I had started this line of thoughts. After that she politely led us back to the staff door, though this time the floor we went to was the hundredth.

Once we were there it was a bit odd, it was a bit cave like room that looked a lot like Veldora's cave. It had a few side rooms that appeared to have a shelf of books and a bed, along with a few more amenities. There was also a big locked door at the back of the room that had a barrier on it, that I could not penetrate if I used all my magicules on it. 

I really wanted to go inspect the door at the back of the room, but before I could do that a certain annoying fairy landed on my head and leaned down so her face was right in front of my eyes. Ramiris seemed to be smiling brightly and sorta smug. "What do you think of my Labyrinth? Rimuru asked me to expand it, and he is gonna pay me to have it be a dungeon! I'll get pocket money!" The little fairy was smiling brightly while beating on my forehead with an incredibly rambunctious pace. 

"So what exactly did you want to talk to me about, Ramiris?" I asked her while peeling her off my head and holding her in my hand instead. I wasn't comfortable using any honorific with her, Wasn't really sure why. 

"That later, tell me what you think of the labyrinth first!" She yelled while flying up to my ear to do so, and yanking on it. It didn't take much of this for me to get annoyed and I swatted her off my shoulder. 

I sighed and nodded, "Fine, the labyrinth is interesting. Ok? What exactly is it for? It feels really nice being in here." I commented passively, not even thinking about the subject having changed. 

"Oh, oh, oh. That is just cause it contains the dwelling of the spirits, it is natural you feel safe here. Anyway, I need to test your stability before I let Milim have you fight." She completely glossed over it with an offhanded comment before changing the subject yet again. Though she seemed to take on a bit of a serious expression this time, or at least oddly serious for her. 

My eyes widened a bit seeing the small fairy get serious, usually she only did when something was legitimately important. The last time she had done it, it was about Guy hating my species. "How would you do that?" I was a little confused so I just kinda leaned on her to explain it to me, however bad that idea may be. 

Ramiris landed on my hand and pointed to the braclet I was wearing, "Take that off, and release your aura for me. After that cast a bunch of spells at the same time." She explained while she started counting on her fingers for a moment, then turned back to me. "Twenty should be fine. I just need within five percent." She said vaguely while she tried to pull the bracelet off me with all her might. 

After a few moments I took the bracelet off myself. "I think this room is big enough, I suppose." I floated over to the other side of the room, all the way by the door. I left the group behind, and started letting out my full aura. It was actually the first time I had done this, and it relieved a lot of built up pressure in my body that I hadn't even realized was there before. 

Ramiris was struggling to stay in the air with my full aura released, but she persisted and nodded. She landed on a small pile of rocks that got up to my eye level, and gestured for me to start. 

It seemed my aura being released had also immediately alerted Ferdinand, who kept his distance but was now also watching intently. Coming within a thirty meters or so of us, inside the large cavern. The rest of the group had stayed near the door, but it seemed Sylvester and Florencia were uncomfortable feeling my aura as well. They had left it to Ferdinand though. 

I closed my eyes and focused, I started doing as Ramiris had said. I casted mostly elemental spells, creating fire, lightning, wind, and mixtures of them. I also casted a light spell on myself and a darkness spell around me, to make it look like I was some weird perceptive illusion. The final spell I had casted was a gravity spell, floating the stones around me into the air. Something went, wrong. I felt a large amount of magicules flow into the spell and instead of just floating into the air, the stones and the space around them turned into black voids that began sucking in the things around them with an immense amount of gravitational force. 

Before any more could go wrong I felt a strong aura enter the space, it being Veldora's. He immediately rushed over and used balls of raw magicules to cancel out the black spaces. "Woah, woah, woah. That was gravity collapse, right Ramiris? You just said it was a dangerous spell!" He seemed a little mad for a moment as he picked up the fairy and placed her on his shoulder. 

Ramiris shyly scratched the back of her head, "Sorry, Master. I didn't think I'd need you here, I should have waited. It seems like only one spell destabilized, though. So I guess that's five percent or less, at high output. She is stable enough." She began spouting jargon to Veldora while he was nodding along with it, and he then looked over to me. 

"still, for a simple gravity spell to turn into gravity collapse. Even if it was in a very small effective range, it is still very concerning." Veldora seemed serious for a moment, which was completely uncharacteristic of him. What were these two even talking about? Veldora's aura completely concealed itself after a few moments, and I could no longer see any magicules from him at all. "Put the bracelet back on." He commented before walking back to the door of the room. 

I was given no further context and simply slipped the bracelet back on silently. My aura promptly diminished significantly, and I restrained it further until it was gone. Leading me to realize the natural magicule content of the room was very high, which I had no previously. 

Ferdinand was quickly over here after both of the auras were restrained and had a bit of a small smile on his face, a dangerous smile. "What exactly was that? I know you didn't cast gravity collapse intentionally." He seemed to know what the spell was, apparently only I didn't know. 

"What do you mean by gravity collapse? What exactly is that?"  I asked while tilting my head. I also still had a little bit of a shiver in my back remembering the force of those black orbs, they reminded me of a concept I had seen on TV. 

Ramiris answered both of the questions in a very dismissive way, "It the highest level nuclear magic spell, it is very dangerous cause it can get out of control easily. To answer the other question, it was just a test of how often her spells go unstable." After that she flew off after Veldora and was quick to simply sit on his shoulder. 

"Did you understand that?" I turned to Ferdinand while asking. 

"Yes, I think it simply means sometimes demi-spirits have their spells go out of control. Who is she to know that though?" He immediately posed a question back to me, wanting to know who exactly Ramiris was. 

"She is the queen of spirits, and a demon lord apparently. I don't know why she is so weak though." I explained passively while starting to walk off myself, that really actually was the limit of my knowledge I had just realized. I guess I also knew she created this place now, too. 

"Care to explain in more detail?" He seemed to huff a bit while saying it. 

"I can't." I replied passively. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Tuuli's pov: 

Veldora virtually dragged me away from making a new dress with Shuna and Haruna, which was very annoying. I had just learned how to use this new skills I got, it was very useful for sewing. It also led me to believe it may be useful for other things too yet, but even though I had been training I had not used the skill yet until I started sewing. 

Suddenly while walking down the steps to the hundredth floor of the labyrinth he rushed past me at a speed I could simply describe as impossible. I really didn't know why so I simply ran after him to the bottom of the stairs in a panic, and rushed out of the door with a bit of a huff. I didn't know how fast I was going, but it was definitely pretty fast when I realized I couldn't stop myself at the bottom of the stairs and skidded forward almost twenty feet. It took a moment to steady myself once there. 

Looking around I saw a family, they looked like they were wearing some pretty high grade noble clothes. I then remembered the face of Sylvester in the group, and rationalized it was his family. Looking off to the other side of the large cavern I could feel Rozemyne's aura in the distance, but then it dissipated shortly afterward. This left me worried, then relieved. This cavern had really dense magicules though, it was the slightest bit uncomfortable to be inside. I could handle it, but it was a bit of a fuzzy feeling. 

Walking over to the group I then saw a girl with platinum pink hair suddenly reach out from my side and grab onto my arm. I got surprised enough to pull out the bokken I had brought and lash out, but it was just causally caught in the girl's hand. 

"Oho! Jumpy I see, good thing uncle brought you." Promptly after the line she stepped back and put her hands on her hips, then continued. "I want you to help me test the strength of that group over there, the kids specifically! You should be strong enough to control a fight with them." She seemed to announce it as a matter of fact that I already would. The word uncle peeked my interest though. 

"Who exactly are you? You said Veldora was your uncle?" I posed the question shortly after hearing the request. 

"Wahahaha! I am Milim Nava, The Destroyer! I am a demon lord, but for your second question. Yes I am the only dragonoid!" She seemed very proud of her being a dragonoid, even more so than her being a demon lord. I supposed that made sense, Veldora was really really strong. 

I ringed the bokken back next to Nahenlicht and nodded, I looked over to the group of children. The oldest was not that much younger than me, and would I assume be considered Rozemyne's older brother in public. He had at least four times as many magicules as I did, but he didn't look very good at using them. The other two were weaker, but still had a lot of magicules. 

It was at this point Veldora arrived over here, shortly after Ramiris arrived as well. I had wondered where they had been for a few days now, and I suppose this is where. Ramiris had arrived back in Tempest a week ago. I felt a bit uncomfortable being surrounded by two demon lords and a true dragon, I really was in a situation completely out of my league. 

"So why exactly did you want me here?" I asked vaguely into space while waiting for more instructions. 

Milim turned back to me and puffed her cheeks out, "Is your whole family this clueless? I just said, you will test them. We are way too strong to do that." I suppose seeing the gap in power between me and the demon lords had made me forget that. 

Suddenly Sylvester was standing next to me and looking sort of concerned for a moment, "Hey, do you have the devouring? You have as much mana as a mednoble child.. I thought Rozemyne was the only one." Sylvester seemed to get confused while looking at me as well. 

"No. I am not like her, just been getting stronger here in Tempest. Used to be completely normal." I answered with a glance over to him, then looked back to Milim. I saw the demon lord as more pressing a concern. 

"Tuuli! Are you sure you can handle this? They have a lot of magicules compared to you.." It was Rozemyne who had now shown up next to me, she seemed to have a worried look in her eye and was twiddling her thumbs. 

I put my hand on her head and pat her several times. "I promise I'll be fine, you can heal me if anything goes wrong. Plus I don't think I'd lose." I assured her while giving a soft smile. 

It seemed at this point one of the children stepped forward, the oldest one. He was probably just barely taller than me, and had platinum blonde hair with deep green eyes. He seemed very confident in the way he walked, and walked over to us. "Are you really sure a commoner could beat me that easily?" He seemed  a bit annoyed while he posed the question to Milim, but kept it respectful enough to not incur her wrath. 

"Waha-haha, are you sure Wilfried-kun? She is stronger than she looks." Milim immediately resorted to teasing while grabbing the arms of both of us and flying into the air. She then dropped each of us opposing eachother on opposite sides of the largest clearing in the cavern. "How about you actually find out?" She goaded while flying over Wilfried. 

I sighed heavily while waiting for a moment before grabbing my bokken, I was scared I'd hurt him badly if I used Nahenlicht. Before I could decide to just start though, he said something sort of annoying. 

"Use the real sword, you won't be able to move anyway." He said while confidently smiling and putting his hands on his hips. 

'I choose violence.' I thought to myself and I put my bokken back on it's ring and took the hilt of Nahenlicht into my hand, gripping the handle tightly and unsheathing it. It felt incredible to be holding it again, I could feel and see the magicules passing between the two of us. "Fine, your choice, not mine." I said simply while taking a stance that would give me a running start. 

Milim floated back and landed between us, stepping back a few feet. She shouted loudly, "START!" 

Immediately after she announced that I felt a pretty powerful pressure forcing it's way down on me, and could see magicules flowing out of Wilfried. I rationed he was using something like an aura on me, "Haha! See, you can't even move when I use the crushing!" He announced loudly. 

"What are you talking about?" I stood up straight and started walking toward him, it was a bit harder than normal. Nothing I couldn't deal with though. "This is nothing compared to my sister when she gets angry." I lifted Nahenlicht to eye level and rushed toward him as quickly as I could, holding the tip of it directly on line with his shoulder. 

The boy's eyes went wide as he realized I was approaching him at high speed, and he resolved in shouting something loudly as a result. "O Goddess of Wind Schutzaria, protector of all. O twelve goddesses who serve by her side. Please hear my prayer and lend me your divine strength. Grant me the shield of wind, so that I might blow away those who mean to cause ill." He had only gotten through the first line by the time I was right in front of him. 

This was still enough to deflect the tip of Nahenlicht, though, as a barrier appeared in front of him. As the prayer continued a full dome appeared around him. "Tsk." I clicked my tongue while stepping away and thinking for a moment, then I had thought of something. 

Before I could do anything about that though, I heard him start another chant while holding up a fist. He had a ring on the fist he was holding up and as he prayed out some words I was no longer listening to, I watched as a jet of water formed out of the ring and shot toward me. Turning into shards of ice before it reached me. 

"Huh." I quickly took evasive and defensive action, dodging most of the shards while deflecting or destroying others with Nahenlicht. As I was doing this I got closer to him until the water no longer had a chance to form into ice before reaching me. 

His face took on a panicked and strained expression as I could see the barrier around him starting to waver a bit, as good a time as any I supposed. 

I took a stance raising Nahenlicht to a high guard, then examined the barrier closely with [Magic Sense]. After identifying a pattern in the spell's structure with [Pattern Prediction], I used the [Thought Acceleration] of [Master Seamstress] along with it's [Pattern Creation] to create a pattern of magicule infused strikes to break the barrier. The flurry was fast and beautiful, and completely shattered the barrier with both my and Nahenlicht's magicules focused into it. 

Wilfried's eyes perhaps got as wide as they could possibly be, shortly before he was punched in the face with the guard of Nahenlicht, knocking him out cold. 

I smiled a bit seeing my victory, though before I could celebrate further I felt a pain well up in my chest and throat. I coughed and sputtered for a moment while trying to steady myself, to no avail. I fell on my butt and sat there being completely exhausted while feeling difficult to even move any further. 

Rozemyne was quick to slam into the ground next to me, cracking some of the stones and hurting her ankle visibly. "Are you alright!?" Her eyes were wide and she picked me up carefully. 

"Yes, yes. We are both fine." I huffed out my words while carefully getting to my feet. "Just a bit tired." I was breathing deeply and close to gasping, I wondered how many magicules I had used. I had found my personal supply to be heavily drained, while Nahenlicht appeared to only be slightly effected by the fight after looking at myself with [Magic Sense]. 

Before I could even consent to it, I got a sudden influx of Magicules from Milim. It was likely more than I had before the fight by a bit, she had transferred them with a pat on my head. "Good job-noda! I wasn't expecting you to break that barrier, I thought you'd just wait it out." After she said that she jumped over to Wilfried and put her hand on his head as well, shortly after he sat up. 

I stood up, and simply felt refreshed. Before I could focus on that though, I looked over to the wincing Rozemyne next to me. "HEY! You hurt you ankle with that landing.." I informed her as I saw she seemed to not even realize the source of the pain. 

Once she realized what the pain was from she kneeled down a bit and quickly used a spell to fix it, really she was still as fragile as ever sometimes. 

The woman who had been with the group was also over here now, she seemed to have a worried look in her eye. Though it was mostly for Wilfried, it seemed she also gave a worried glance to Rozemyne. "Are you all alright?" She asked with a bit of a rushed tone. 

It was actually Wilfried who answered before I could, with a glance over to me that said "be quiet" in a more concerned way than a rude one. "Yes, yes. We are both alright, I just underestimated her. Honestly it is really hard to even believe she is a commoner." It seemed this had humbled him a bit to me, which was refreshing. 

The woman seemed to look at me with a bit of an apprehensive gaze, then nodded resignedly. "Really it is hard to believe, though maybe that can change." She still seemed a bit uneasy with me but had a bit of respect for me at least after seeing me fight Wilfried, but I could tell it was purely about my strength. I looked her over to realize she had a lighter hair color than Wilfried, but an indigo eye color. 

"I suppose I don't need to see the other two, I can measure them off that fight. I really want to see how strong Rozemyne is though!" It was Milim again, she had grabbed onto my sisters hand and was trying to drag her to where Wilfried was standing. After she had gotten Rozemyne there, she shooed the rest of us back to the group with the rest of the people in the cavern. "I am gonna be doing this, so just watch." After saying this, the demon lord ran off and stood where I had been standing. It seemed the two of them just stared at eachother for a while, perhaps having a conversation through [Thought Communication]. 

Soon Myne slipped off her bracelet, and I saw as her aura surrounded her. It was once again the entire thing, I guessed she needed to once again take it off for what was coming. It actually worried me quite a bit, though not as much as what came next. 

Milim lifted both of her hands in front of her and crossed her forearms, soon a glowing pink orb of incredibly dense magicules formed in front of her. I could see that it had charged up nearly immediately before it stopped, she was also smiling brightly and ominously. 

Rozemyne responded by holding up both of her hands as well, causing a tube barrier to appear in front of her. However, it was different from the ones I had seen before. This on had an additional pair of tubes connected with a single smaller tube along the top of the primary tube. I could see dense balls of magicules form in the three larger tubes while the smaller one had her aura focused into it. 

Veldora seemed to get a bit of a smug smile on his face while looking toward Rozemyne, and then held his own hand up. A barrier of pure magicules formed around us as a result. "Brace yourselves." He said simply with a chuckle. 

'WHAT IS GOING ON!?' Was all I could think seeing the scene in front of me, especially wondering what modifications Rozemyne had made to the spell. I did not quite understand what they would do, but I did understand it should increase the power or something like that. 

Almost to answer my question a loud shout came from my sister, shortly before a massive flash of golden light. "Continuous Nuclear Canon!", while she said it a massive surge of golden magicules shot out toward Milim, but instead of simple being a single surge. The additional barriers fed the primary barrier with continuous loads of magicules, causing the surges to combine into a single continuous beam of golden energy.

At basically the same time, Milim shouted out the name of her own attack. "Drago-buster!" She shouted loudly while tendrils of pink energy shot out of the ball from all directions and converged to make contact with the single large surge from Rozemyne. The two attacks struggled against eachother for some time, seemingly at a standstill for some time. Though slowly, Milim was winning. 

Before the attack could reach Rozemyne, Milim intentionally released her own attack and allowed the beam of energy my sister had created hit her. Seeing this my sister immediately canceled the spell, causing the barriers to disappear and the beam to dissipate. 

When the blinding light around her finally cleared, Milim was standing there laughing proudly. "WAHAHA-HAHAHA-HAHAHA! That was so good, little spirit! I can see why Veldora likes teaching you-noda!" 

________________________________________________________________________________

--4365 words-- 

--Continuous Nuclear Canon now takes the spot as the second most powerful spell Rozemyne has successful casted, it works similar to the standard nuclear canon spell. However it is as the name suggest, a continuous beam of pure magicules-- 

(AN: To make up for not being able to release it last night, I made this chapter super long. I hope you all enjoyed this action chapter after the calmer ones!)