Ch.28 The Temple Annoys

Rimuru's pov: 

Standing there was far too awkward, I really simply stared. I wondered if I should change my form, or my clothes. Maybe changing my height to be a bit taller? 

Before I could decide it seemed the white robed priest, who was incredibly fat and seemed to twirl his beard like some villain spoke up. "You may hide your power, but you can't hide from our great Luminous, demon lord Rimuru." 

"Well of course not, she has turned one of my friends into a bug." I said vaguely while starting down the man, getting a little annoyed at his provocations. For now, I would just stand and wait though. Closing my eyes and keeping my temper down. 

"I heard you defeated a trombe and caused quite a scene in the lower city. Why did you come here?" He seemed to try to pry around my actions while watching my closely. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I? I am not exactly trying to hide. Helping people is only natural." I was quick to justify my actions very simply with only a few words. While doing this I made sure to keep my outward expression on my poker-face and held myself high. 

"What is the meaning of this? You can't just insult my guest, especially not one of such importance." It was Sylvester who started this new exchange while clearly trying to just end the situation as quickly as possible. He actually seemed sorta assertive, a new side of him for me at least. 

The white robe priest realized who he was promptly after examining Slyvester's face for a moment. His eyes went wide and he kneeled nearly immediately. "My sincerest apologies." He stepped aside and tried to save face with some introductions. "I would be the High Bishop of this temple, these two are my blue retainers. The grey priest here would be split between my retainers and the retainers of the High Priest." 

I was a bit disappointed at his immediately safe face, as it was incredibly insincere. "I suppose it's nice to meet you all then." I said through a bit of a gritted teeth with my own tone giving away my insincerity. 'I probably should have asked Myne for more information on him.' I thought while taking a moment to recompose myself. 

Sylvester set a hand on my shoulder while I could feel a small shake in his grip. He was quick to whisper something to me discretely. "Excuse them, we can just get inside and talk there." 

I nodded, though I wondered why he was shivering. "Is something wrong?" I whispered back. 

"Your aura is leaking, a bit. Just only right next to you." He whispered promptly. 

'Oh.' I was quick to restrain it again fully. I hoped I didn't just hurt the two of them unintentionally. 

With this the three of us were led to Ferdinand's quarters in the temple by a group of his grey priest retainers. There was plenty of news communicated to the two men with me, though I had no idea what most of it meant, so I mostly ignored it. While I waited in the main room, Ferdinand went to his own room to change into his robes. Shortly afterward he came back out of the room wearing long blue robes with a golden sash, and a blue undershirt. 

"You look nice." I commented briefly while stretching, having been in my human form so long was starting to get a bit uncomfortable. I shook myself out my briefly liquifying each of my limbs before re-solidifying them. 

"Seeing someone melt is very disturbing you know?" Sylvester commented while watching some of Ferdinand's retainers give me incredibly weird glances. 

"Not like I can make it look more pleasant. This form is getting uncomfortable if I am being entirely honest." I explained while giving a forced exhausted expression. Really it was not exhaustion in any way, simply being in the form was making me feel uncomfortable.