244

Song Qinghan shook his head decisively, “Huh? What should I be afraid of? Since penalties are all man-devised stuff, I will never believe that you guys are able to do something beyond humanity.”

As they spoke, the three finally arrived in front of the captive camp.

The servant seemed to have somewhat privileges himself as he came up to whisper to the guards who guarded outside the captive camp. And after that, he nodded to Song Qinghan directly, “Go in now, and come out whenever you don’t feel good seeing the mess.”

Song Qinghan glanced at Little Shitou who was staring back at him closely, smiled and stroked the baby’s head, and without talking much further, he simply turned around and walked into the captive camp.

Smell of blood and rotten flesh pervaded in the air as soon as Song Qinghan stepped in, while the unbearable pungent smell almost choked him for an instant.

Luckily, he was already mentally prepared for the stench, so he directly stretched out his sleeve and covered his mouth and nose, slowly adjusting his breathing rate and trying to lower his heartbeat rate to calm down.

Nothing much he could indeed feel when he was outside the camp. But once he came inside, the mournful and scary moans within the camp seemed never tend to fade away, with the miserable, sorrowful sound was like a Qiang flute, making him tremble in the mind and almost driving him to tears.

When the barbarians who were executing the captives noticed the appearance of Song Qinghan, the one seemed to be a newcomer here, their eyes brightened with light of excitement. All of them turned to stare at Song Qinghan like a pack of wolf staring at a helpless sheep greedily, as if they were about to enjoy such a beauty first and then eat him fiercely.

Probably it should be Song Qinghan’s luck that the guard outside the camp made a warn in the eye contact with those savages inside, which finally suppressed their evil intentions in mind. But still, it could be seen that those savages’ eyes were burning with lust and desire, and it was completely an unease for Song Qinghan as if he was targeted by a troop of extremely poisonous snakes.

Song Qinghan frowned seriously and carefully came to identify the faces of the captives captured from the Qingmu side, trying his best to find if there was any trace of Wu Dahu.

However, apparently, it could be judged by his dimmer and dimmer eyes that the result was not as expected.

And in fact, he could recognize several familiar faces within the group of the captured men. Some were the ones he met when he was on his duty cleaning the chamber pot, while some were the ones he had helped treat in the army medical area.

The pitiful men seemed to recognize him as well, while all their gazes were fixed on Song Qinghan in a flash with some invisible lights of hope, as if they just found the existence of a venerable savior. They struggled to stretched forth their arms, trying to climb on the ground to get closer to Song Qinghan.

Those barbarians seemed to have found the fun part of the penalty, they did not even come to stop the men climbing towards Song Qinghan. Instead of doing so, they stood there with evil smile and their arms folded, as if to make a fun of it and see how Song Qinghan would react to rescue them.

After all, the guard outside only requested them not to hurt Song Qinghan by themselves, they weren’t requested to protect him either.

The guard outside the camp discovered the movement inside, he put his hand slowly on the sword at his waist side, and was ready to take action if thing went beyond expectation.

Feeling a tightness between his legs, Song Qing Han looked down at the bloody man holding his calf and said softly, “What’s wrong?”

The man seemed to be someone he had once saved, and he looked up while pleading with a thirsty look in his eyes, “Doctor Song, Doctor Song, why have you come over here too? You are coming here to save us, aren’t you? Just like before, no one cares about us but you, right?”