237

“Wait, what? So, so how do you… know about that?”, those guards were all flabbergasted, with their eyes opening wide.

What they only knew was that Wu Dahu got a husband at home and treated him equally and good. And as for the actual name of his husband, no one dared or had a mood to be curious to ask for the information. After all, they probably would never meet each other again after the end of the war one day.

Song Qinghan touched his nose and answered softly, “I had seen Lord Wu and his husband as well as their son when I was at Yueban City before, I almost thought they were calling me at the time, then I thought it probably was pre-destined, so that’s what impressed me.”

The guards revealed a look of understanding and did not pursue any further details, glancing at each other as if they were probing each other’s thoughts.

They would not suspect Song Qinghan of lying to them. After all, no one would be that foolish to tell a lie since the answer was quite easy to be found. Besides, Song Qinghan was no more than a femina man living a bitter life with a baby child, what would the benefit for him to tell a lie tough?

Song Qinghan seized the chance to rub the corner of his eyes purposely as the guards were paying little attention over him. And it was not until he felt his eyes turning red-rimmed did he raise his head again and continued to utter, “Lord Wu is just missing his husband so much. Don’t you think that you’re going to disappoint him if you guys give him the hope in the very beginning and then smash it ruthlessly without mercy? He must be much upset once he finds that I am not the one he longs to see. And at that time, what do you think you’re going to do if he really gets mad?”

The guards were carried away by his logic, none of them bothered to think about why exactly Wu Dahu was looking for Song Qinghan. Nodding along, the head among the guards eventually gave him an ambiguous answer, “Fine, then we’ll see how it goes, and if the matter isn’t important, we’ll help you keep it a secret.”

It was indeed an unexpected surprise to receive such an answer, so Song Qinghan did not urge them to make further promise. He nodded as well, saying, “Your assistance will be much appreciated!”

Since the guards had finished their inquiries, they rushed back to report to Wu Dahu. But before they did, the head among them came up to ask in a caring tone, “Lord, do you miss the Mistress?”

Wu Dahu paused, not being bothered by their transgressing question, but answered in a deep voice, “Sort of, have you found him yet?”

Noticing that things were really evolving as Song Qinghan said, the guards exchanged their glances, and the head answered subconsciously, “Lord, we haven’t got any news from the Mistress yet.”

Well, as for the guards, such an answer wasn’t a wrong one though since Wu Dahu was looking for his ‘REAL’ husband instead of the one who got the same name. After all, in their opinion, the ‘Song Qinghan’ in the army camp was not the actual one Wu Dahu was looking for.

They had never thought of any connecting point between the ‘Song Qinghan’ at presence and Wu Dahu’s husband, because in their points of view, ‘Song Qinghan’ would never be on duty to clean the chamber pot if he was really the husband of Wu Dahu. And for the other, it would be quite baffling for them to be a loud hailer in between since it was a feasible way for the two to meet each other if they wanted to.

After hearing this answer, Wu Dahu got his eyes dimmed as dark as a cloudy sky and he couldn’t tell what he currently felt in his heart. It was just like a five-flavoured bottle had been tipped over, all sourness, sweetness, bitterness, spiciness and saltiness were mixed right in his mixing feelings.