202

Song Qinghan raised his eyebrows, glanced at Dagou and Ergou calmly, and then uttered in a low voice, “So tell us who else you have seen these days, I’d better help you search around the big Yueban City to see if they exist.”

Dagou and Ergou exchanged their glances, pulling teeth.

Well, they indeed knew nothing because they were rather idle when they lived in Song Qinghan’s house. They wouldn’t know even if someone really once visited here, let alone the fact that what they confessed in fact was an excuse they fabricated.

And they definitely shouldn’t expose the reason why they fabricated, or otherwise these wrathful villagers might chose to vent their anger on them instead of Song Qinghan.

“Mmmm… I saw a barbarian! I remember that there was a barbarian once appeared in this house, tall and strong, and seems to be quite good at martial skills!”

Song Qinghan got tense suddenly when he heard so, but relaxed again when he heard their making further explanation over it. He sneered, “Does there exist any barbarians who are shorter? Furthermore, as for those who are able to wander within the Yueban City, should they get profound martial skills to support them to survive here? Well, what you just said might be a tactic to hoax someone who isn’t smart enough.”

Hearing so, the villagers finally gave up bothering Song Qinghan with Dagou and Ergou’s confession, or they might be the one who wasn’t smart enough as Song Qinghan mentioned.

However, it would be impossible for them not to find something else since it was a long journey from their village to here. The leader among the villagers rolled his eyes, and then came to say as if something occurred to him suddenly in mind, “It’s still an unchangeable fact that you should be to blame no matter what once happened. We are going to stay here if you don’t give us a satisfying answer.”

A coldness flashed across Song Qinghan’s eyes. He responded in a leisurely manner, “What ‘satisfying’ answer do you want from me since the mixed-race man had already disappeared.”

“Pay us ten thousand silver coins, or let’s meet in court!”

The leader among the villagers answered quickly, as if he had already negotiated with the Head Villager before he came over.

Song Qinghan shook his head while smiling, seemingly he never expected that the other party would want nothing but coins.

Just as he was about to wave his hand to motion Hualian to take the pack of coins, the sound of the Grand Coordinator sounded behind the group of villagers.

“What kind of stuff is that which is worth a compensation of ten thousand silver coins?”

All the villagers hurried to turned their heads, they were all quick shocked when they saw the Grand Coordinator. They stood still dumbfounded as if they never knew that the man was a venerable one. It was not until Zhuxiu shouted and urged them to withdraw did they realize the seriousness of this matter.

The Grand Coordinator walked over slowly, and then stood in front of that leader among the villagers, “Say it, I feel totally annoyed if I have to repeat my question.”

Even though the Grand Coordinator now was still as weak as a piece of fallen leaf with his complexion wax-yellow, his heroic temperament which he collected from his experience was rather incomparable. So with that fierce interrogation, the leader couldn’t help but make a lowly bow while answering timidly, “The, the mongrel we were about to burn escaped, it was, it was his intention to do so. Right, we came here for that explanation…”

At the moment the Grand Coordinator heard the word ‘mongrel’, his eyebrows trembled slightly. No one knew whether he thought of something or not.