Chapter 17

Before I knew it I was driving with Carlisle to my grandparents house. We had 5 hours to go. Half way there. We had a booster seat in the back for her with blankets, pillows and snacks. I had a huge smile on my face. "When we get back to Washington we will go to court and adopt her officially." He nods with a smile.

We talked the whole way and before I knew it we were here. We got out of the car and went to the front door, I knocked, a few minutes later the door was opened by my grandmother. She smiled as she saw me. Within a second she hugged me tightly. "Oh, my god your here!" She smiled as she pulled away. Papa came over and hugged me as my grandmother hugged Carlisle. "Come in! Come in!" She said. "Aria is upstairs." She said, "Aria someone is here to see you!" She yelled up the stairs.

I heard little footsteps come down the stairs. When she turned the corner she squealed. I crouched down and hugged her as she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck, I stood up and spun around with her in my arms. When I stopped I hugged her for a minute before letting her down. She went to Carlisle and hugged him while I went to my grandparents.

"You guys don't mind us adopting her? I mean you raised her for a year and a half." "Hunny, we are parents and getting old. We can't run around in the back yard with her, we can't keep up with the energetic girl. You just have to bring her over a few times a year." Grandma says, I nod with a smile on my face. Then she hands me a box of cookies. "I made them. They are your favorite." I smile at her, "Thank you grandma. I love you both so much." I hug them tightly without hurting them.

Carlisle then hugs them, and so does Aria, Carlisle takes all her bags then we say one more goodbye before walking out the door. I buckled Aria up and got in the passenger side of the car, We waved goodbye at them before taking off. It was silent at first. Aria looking out the window with a smile. After about half an hour I heard a small sniffle. Me and Carlisle glanced at each other then at Aria. She had silent tears falling down her face.

"Hunny, why are you crying?" I ask her, she looks at me, "I miss papa and grandma." I frown, unbuckling and climbing to the back seat. I pull her into a hug as she cried into my shirt. "We can go back." She shakes her head. "OK, you just want to cuddle?" She nods into my shirt. She silently cried for another 15 minutes. "Want to tell us about yourself?" I ask she nods and I climb back in my seat and buckling up.

She tells us what she likes to do, her favorite color, food, what she wants her room to look like and everything else. We tell her about ourselves, by dinner time which was 6 it felt like we lived with each other our whole lives. We stopped at McDonald's and ate inside. Me and Carlisle barely eat. When we were done we all went back in the car and start driving. She soon falls asleep.

"So what do we want to do for Bella's birthday, she is turning 18." Carlisle asked me, "Alice said we throw a small party because what happens at the party will help us. She didn't tell me what." I say to him, "Ok." He says nodding. It was around 2 in the morning when we arrived back at the house. I picked up Aria and laid her in mine and Carlisle's room. I changed into pajamas and got in the her. Her small body snuggled into me. I was afraid she would be cold so I wrapped the blankets tighter around her.

I closed my eyes, cleared all my thoughts and relaxed. I smelled Carlisle as he came in and laid on Aria's other side. She snuggled into him, I opened my eyes and saw him looking down upon her with love written all over his face and eyes. I smiled at him and closed my eyes once again. Before I knew it she stirred awake, "Mommy wake up." I slowly opened my eyes and looked at her, I pretend to yawn and stretch. "Daddy wake up." Carlisle did the same as I did. Though in his eyes was surprise and shock.

"Yeah hunny." He hugged her and looked at me. "I need a shower." "Ok, let's pick out some clothes for you." I say to her, I take her hand as I open some suitcases finding her clothes in one. "Uhmmmm.... This one!" She picked out a baby pink shirt with lots of designs on it and some blue skinny jeans. "Ok." I take that and some underwear. We walk into the bathroom. "Dad come on!" She yelled and looked back. Carlisle brightened up and came over.